Quantcast

Annual backup with differents clients

Erwan GRUSON - INFRA-EXPERT

Hi all,

I need some help please.

I want to know if it's possible to create a job for save two clients in same time on removable disk in usb once per year.

I explain :

I have one client on linux and one client on windows who save the datas with schedules jobs every days, weeks and months.

I would like same job who save this clients with one manual job for archive once per year.

I search how i can say to bacula saving both clients with they respective's fileset.

Is it possible please ?

Thanks for advance

Erwan GRUSON

Mob : 06 95 47 79 73
Bur : 09 54 65 23 39
Fax : 09 59 65 23 39

www.infra-expert.fr

PastedGraphic-1.tiff

Re: Annual backup with differents clients

Erwan GRUSON - INFRA-EXPERT
Hello,

I’m confuse, it’s not my question, but my english wasn’t very good :)

I have bacula and i have a configuration to save two clients, one in linux and one more in windows.
So i have for each clients in bacula-sd and bacula-dir a configuration with job, fileset, storage and client.

Now i want to know if it’s possible to save with an other configuration (job, fileset storage and client) the both clients (linux and windows) in the same job ?

why ? because i saving both clients in file storage in local. In the future, i want to backup both clients together in one removable device with one backup job per year.

Is it more clear now ?

Thanks you

Erwan

Erwan GRUSON

Mob : 06 95 47 79 73
Bur : 09 54 65 23 39
Fax : 09 59 65 23 39

www.infra-expert.fr

Le 3 févr. 2017 à 15:15, Erwan GRUSON - INFRA-EXPERT <[hidden email]> a écrit :

Hi all,

I need some help please.

I want to know if it's possible to create a job for save two clients in same time on removable disk in usb once per year.

I explain :

I have one client on linux and one client on windows who save the datas with schedules jobs every days, weeks and months.

I would like same job who save this clients with one manual job for archive once per year.

I search how i can say to bacula saving both clients with they respective's fileset.

Is it possible please ?

Thanks for advance

Erwan GRUSON

Mob : 06 95 47 79 73
Bur : 09 54 65 23 39
Fax : 09 59 65 23 39

www.infra-expert.fr

PastedGraphic-1.tiff

Re: Annual backup with differents clients

Bill Arlofski-4
On 02/03/2017 10:51 AM, Erwan GRUSON wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I’m confuse, it’s not my question, but my english wasn’t very good :)
>
> I have bacula and i have a configuration to save two clients, one in linux and
> one more in windows.
> So i have for each clients in bacula-sd and bacula-dir a configuration with
> job, fileset, storage and client.
>
> Now i want to know if it’s possible to save with an other configuration (job,
> fileset storage and client) the both clients (linux and windows) in the same job ?
>
> why ? because i saving both clients in file storage in local. In the future, i
> want to backup both clients together in one removable device with one backup
> job per year.
>
> Is it more clear now ?
>
> Thanks you
>
> Erwan

> Erwan GRUSON
>
> Mob : 06 95 47 79 73
> Bur : 09 54 65 23 39
> Fax : 09 59 65 23 39
>
> www.infra-expert.fr
>

>> Le 3 févr. 2017 à 15:15, Erwan GRUSON - INFRA-EXPERT
>> <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> a écrit :
>>
>> Hi all,
>>

>> I need some help please.
>>

>> I want to know if it's possible to create a job for save two clients in same
>> time on removable disk in usb once per year.
>>
>> I explain :
>>
>> I have one client on linux and one client on windows who save the datas with
>> schedules jobs every days, weeks and months.
>>
>> I would like same job who save this clients with one manual job for archive
>> once per year.
>>
>> I search how i can say to bacula saving both clients with they respective's
>> fileset.
>>
>> Is it possible please ?
>>

>> Thanks for advance
>>

>> --
>> Erwan GRUSON

Hello Erwan,

With Bacula, each Job resource can have one, and only one Client resource
associated with it. At the bare minimum, you will need two Jobs (one for the
Linux and one for the Windows) to backup these clients to the "archive" storage.

Best regards,

Bill

--
Bill Arlofski
http://www.revpol.com/bacula

Re: Annual archive with rd1000

Erwan GRUSON - INFRA-EXPERT

Hello Bill,

Thanks a lot for your answer.

I understand why i don't find my solution ;)

If you allow me, i have one more question :

Is it possible to configure Bacula-sd to change the volume of archive backup at every archive year?

With RD1000, i want to change every "tape" at every backup, but this "tape" is a removable disk. infact, i want one tape per year but Bacula must ask me the last tape because it doesn't full.
And my difficulty is that the "tape" is a removable disk.

Do you understand what i mean ?

I write you an extract of my config

Device {
  Name = Storage-RD1000
  Media Type = File
  Archive Device = /dev/sdc1/
  LabelMedia = no;
  Random Access = Yes;
  AutomaticMount = yes;
  RemovableMedia = yes;
  AlwaysOpen = no;
}

Thanks in advance

---
Erwan GRUSON

Mob : 06 95 47 79 73
Bur : 09 54 65 23 39
Fax : 09 59 65 23 39

www.infra-expert.fr

PastedGraphic-1.tiff

Le 04/02/2017 17:50, Bill Arlofski a écrit :

[...]

Phil Stracchino-2
On 02/06/17 04:09, Erwan GRUSON - INFRA-EXPERT wrote:

> Hello Bill,
>

> Thanks a lot for your answer.
>
> I understand why i don't find my solution ;)
>

> If you allow me, i have one more question :
>
> Is it possible to configure Bacula-sd to change the volume of archive
> backup at every archive year?
>
> With RD1000, i want to change every "tape" at every backup, but this
> "tape" is a removable disk. infact, i want one tape per year but Bacula
> must ask me the last tape because it doesn't full.
> And my difficulty is that the "tape" is a removable disk.

Look up the "Volume Use Window" directive.  You can have the volume
automatically marked "Used" a certain period of time after it has been
written to.

--
  Phil Stracchino
  Babylon Communications