Quantcast

Bacula Release 7.4.0

Yesterday, we released Bacula version 7.4.0.

This version consists of more backports from Bacula Enterprise 8.4 as
well quite a few bug fixes (28) as a number of new features.  For your
convenience, I have included selected parts of the ReleaseNotes below.

Upgrading should be easy since there is no database change and all older
File Daemons should remain compatible with Bacula 7.4.0.

As with the last release, I would like to thank Bacula Systems for
providing the bug fixes and new features. Since the development process
in Bacula Systems is going faster (more programmers), we can expect even
more features in future versions.

In addition to releasing the files to Source Forge as usual, I have
added a new download area on the bacula,.org web site that will permit
you to download all the files for the new version 7.4.0.

Bacula Systems has agreed to permit the personal use of the Bacula
Enterprise Windows binaries, so I have included the Bacula Enteprise
Windows binaries on the bacula.org web site (see Downloads -> Download
Center on the main menu).  If you wish to use the Enterprise Windows
binaries for other than personal use, please download them from:
http://www.baculasystems.com/windows-binaries-for-bacula-community-users

Thank you for using Bacula,

Release Notes for Bacula 7.4.0

Release version 7.4.0

For the most part the changes were contributed to the Bacula project by
Bacula Systems SA.

This is a new release with a new version number. It has been very
thourouly tested, but as always, the new features may not always work as
expected.

The Catalog database format has not changed since version the prior
release (7.2.0).

Compatibility:
————–
As always, both the Community Director and Storage daemon(s) must be
upgraded at the same time. Any File daemon unning on the same machine as
a Director or Storage daemon must be of the same version.

Older File Daemons should be compatible with the 7.4.0 Director and
Storage daemons. There should be no need to pgrade older File Daemons.

New features and changes:
Please see the New Features chapter of the manual for documentation on
the new features. The new features are currently only in the New
Features chapter and have not et been integrated into the main chapters
of the manual.

New Features and changes summary:
– Support for KFREEBSD OS
– Improved support for Clang
– Configure SSL connection to MySQL
– New chio-changer-freebase in examples/autochangers
– New directives in bacula-dir.conf in Catalog{} resource for the MySQL
backend (not currently implemented for Postgresql or QLite).
dbsslkey
dbsslcert
dbsslca
dbsslcapath
dbsslcipher
– examples/autochangers/rc-chio-changer removed
– examples/devices/DVD.conf removed
– updated copyrights
– Add “Expires in” to list and llist volumes
– Implement a more efficient Volume selection algorithm between DIR and SD
– Implement new list/llist command keywords:
order=asc|ascending
order=desc|decending
limit=nn
jobstatus=
Client=
JobErrors
– Implement new bconsole @tall command that outputs input and output to
console and terminal. Note, this also outputs bconsole input commands.
– Implement MaxVirtualFullInterval
– Implement VirtualFullPool override
– Pool overrides work better
– Automatic selection of catalog from client where possible.
– Implement VerifyData level type for Verify jobs.

Bugs fixed/closed since last release:
1131 1360 1362 1368 1382 1412 1414 1449 1470 1524 1545 1548 1882 2083
2090 2103 2115 2117 2151 2153 2156 2165 2180 2182 2183 2192 804 898

Re: Bacula Release 7.4.0

John Drescher
On Mon, Jan 18, 2016 at 12:50 PM, Kern Sibbald <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Yesterday, we released Bacula version 7.4.0.
>
> This version consists of more backports from Bacula Enterprise 8.4 as
> well quite a few bug fixes (28) as a number of new features.  For your
> convenience, I have included selected parts of the ReleaseNotes below.
>
> Upgrading should be easy since there is no database change and all older
> File Daemons should remain compatible with Bacula 7.4.0.
>
> As with the last release, I would like to thank Bacula Systems for
> providing the bug fixes and new features. Since the development process
> in Bacula Systems is going faster (more programmers), we can expect even
> more features in future versions.
>
> In addition to releasing the files to Source Forge as usual, I have
> added a new download area on the bacula,.org web site that will permit
> you to download all the files for the new version 7.4.0.
>
> Bacula Systems has agreed to permit the personal use of the Bacula
> Enterprise Windows binaries, so I have included the Bacula Enteprise
> Windows binaries on the bacula.org web site (see Downloads -> Download
> Center on the main menu).  If you wish to use the Enterprise Windows
> binaries for other than personal use, please download them from:
> http://www.baculasystems.com/windows-binaries-for-bacula-community-users

Thanks. I installed this on gentoo by bumping the portage ebuilds to
7.4.0. No problems installing although I have not run any jobs yet.

John

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula Release 7.4.0

Dan Langille

> On Jan 18, 2016, at 12:50 PM, Kern Sibbald <[hidden email]> wrote:

> New features and changes:
> Please see the New Features chapter of the manual for documentation on
> the new features. The new features are currently only in the New
> Features chapter and have not et been integrated into the main chapters
> of the manual.

I'm packaging for FreeBSD now.  I do not see a docs tarball for 7.4

--
Dan Langille - BSDCan / PGCon

Re: Bacula Release 7.4.0

Many thanks John.  :-)

Best regards
Kern

On 01/18/2016 07:33 PM, John Drescher wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 18, 2016 at 12:50 PM, Kern Sibbald <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Yesterday, we released Bacula version 7.4.0.
>>
>> This version consists of more backports from Bacula Enterprise 8.4 as
>> well quite a few bug fixes (28) as a number of new features.  For your
>> convenience, I have included selected parts of the ReleaseNotes below.
>>
>> Upgrading should be easy since there is no database change and all older
>> File Daemons should remain compatible with Bacula 7.4.0.
>>
>> As with the last release, I would like to thank Bacula Systems for
>> providing the bug fixes and new features. Since the development process
>> in Bacula Systems is going faster (more programmers), we can expect even
>> more features in future versions.
>>
>> In addition to releasing the files to Source Forge as usual, I have
>> added a new download area on the bacula,.org web site that will permit
>> you to download all the files for the new version 7.4.0.
>>
>> Bacula Systems has agreed to permit the personal use of the Bacula
>> Enterprise Windows binaries, so I have included the Bacula Enteprise
>> Windows binaries on the bacula.org web site (see Downloads -> Download
>> Center on the main menu).  If you wish to use the Enterprise Windows
>> binaries for other than personal use, please download them from:
>> http://www.baculasystems.com/windows-binaries-for-bacula-community-users
>>
> Thanks. I installed this on gentoo by bumping the portage ebuilds to
> 7.4.0. No problems installing although I have not run any jobs yet.
>
> John

Re: Bacula Release 7.4.0

Gary R. Schmidt-3
Building 7.4.0 for Solaris 10, I found the following problem when
building fstype in src/tools:

bacula-7.4.0/src/tools $ make
/bin/CC -L/opt/webstack/mysql/lib/mysql -R/opt/webstack/mysql/lib/mysql
-L/opt/csw/lib -R/opt/csw/lib -L../lib -L../findlib -o fstype fstype.o
-lbacfind -lbac -lm \
    -lpthread -lresolv -lnsl -lsocket -lxnet  -lintl -lresolv -lrt
/opt/csw/lib/libintl.so -R/opt/csw/lib -lssl -lcrypto
ld: fatal: symbol `void add_mtab_item(void*,stat*,const char*,const
char*,const char*,const char*)' is multiply-defined:
         (file fstype.o type=FUNC; file
../findlib/libbacfind.a(fstype.o) type=FUNC);
ld: warning: file /opt/csw/lib/libintl.so: attempted multiple inclusion
of file
ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written to fstype
*** Error code 2
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `fstype'

I have a work-around:
In fstype.c, after line 70:
#if 0
extern void add_mtab_item(void *user_ctx, struct stat *st, const char
*fstype,
                       const char *mountpoint, const char *mntopts,
                       const char *fsname);
#endif
static void add_mtab_item(void *user_ctx, struct stat *st, const char
*fstype,
                       const char *mountpoint, const char *mntopts,
                       const char *fsname)
{

I have also created a bug report (2201) on bugs.bacula.org, which,
amusingly enough, does not yet know about 7.4.0.

All else builds, but this sort of problem makes me leery of deploying
7.4.0 at the moment.

        Cheers,
                Gary B-)

Re: Bacula Release 7.4.0

Yes, thanks for submitting the bug report.  My best reading on this
problem is that one of your Solaris libraries (apparently libintl) is
exporting the symbol add_mtab_entry(), and that is conflicting with the
Bacula add_mtab_entry() definition.  As you point out in the bug report,
the entry point in Bacula only needs to be static, which resolves the
problem.  So my view is that this is not really a bug just some silly
library symbol conflict which is not serious.

This version of Bacula has been quite heavily tested and as long as you
don't need any of the new features, it should be *very* stable.

On 01/28/2016 06:38 PM, Gary R. Schmidt wrote:

> Building 7.4.0 for Solaris 10, I found the following problem when
> building fstype in src/tools:
>
> bacula-7.4.0/src/tools $ make
> /bin/CC -L/opt/webstack/mysql/lib/mysql -R/opt/webstack/mysql/lib/mysql
> -L/opt/csw/lib -R/opt/csw/lib -L../lib -L../findlib -o fstype fstype.o
> -lbacfind -lbac -lm \
>     -lpthread -lresolv -lnsl -lsocket -lxnet  -lintl -lresolv -lrt
> /opt/csw/lib/libintl.so -R/opt/csw/lib -lssl -lcrypto
> ld: fatal: symbol `void add_mtab_item(void*,stat*,const char*,const
> char*,const char*,const char*)' is multiply-defined:
>          (file fstype.o type=FUNC; file
> ../findlib/libbacfind.a(fstype.o) type=FUNC);
> ld: warning: file /opt/csw/lib/libintl.so: attempted multiple inclusion
> of file
> ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written to fstype
> *** Error code 2
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `fstype'
>
> I have a work-around:
> In fstype.c, after line 70:
> #if 0
> extern void add_mtab_item(void *user_ctx, struct stat *st, const char
> *fstype,
>                        const char *mountpoint, const char *mntopts,
>                        const char *fsname);
> #endif
> static void add_mtab_item(void *user_ctx, struct stat *st, const char
> *fstype,
>                        const char *mountpoint, const char *mntopts,
>                        const char *fsname)
> {
>
> I have also created a bug report (2201) on bugs.bacula.org, which,
> amusingly enough, does not yet know about 7.4.0.
>
> All else builds, but this sort of problem makes me leery of deploying
> 7.4.0 at the moment.
>
> Cheers,
> Gary B-)

Re: Bacula Release 7.4.0

Martin Simmons
No, Bacula contains the multiple definition of add_mtab_entry
(findlib/fstype.c and tools/fstype.c).  I also reported this as part of bug
#2197.

__Martin

> Hello,
>
> Yes, thanks for submitting the bug report.  My best reading on this
> problem is that one of your Solaris libraries (apparently libintl) is
> exporting the symbol add_mtab_entry(), and that is conflicting with the
> Bacula add_mtab_entry() definition.  As you point out in the bug report,
> the entry point in Bacula only needs to be static, which resolves the
> problem.  So my view is that this is not really a bug just some silly
> library symbol conflict which is not serious.
>
> This version of Bacula has been quite heavily tested and as long as you
> don't need any of the new features, it should be *very* stable.
>
> Best regards,
> Kern
>
> On 01/28/2016 06:38 PM, Gary R. Schmidt wrote:
> > Building 7.4.0 for Solaris 10, I found the following problem when
> > building fstype in src/tools:
> >
> > bacula-7.4.0/src/tools $ make
> > /bin/CC -L/opt/webstack/mysql/lib/mysql -R/opt/webstack/mysql/lib/mysql
> > -L/opt/csw/lib -R/opt/csw/lib -L../lib -L../findlib -o fstype fstype.o
> > -lbacfind -lbac -lm \
> >     -lpthread -lresolv -lnsl -lsocket -lxnet  -lintl -lresolv -lrt
> > /opt/csw/lib/libintl.so -R/opt/csw/lib -lssl -lcrypto
> > ld: fatal: symbol `void add_mtab_item(void*,stat*,const char*,const
> > char*,const char*,const char*)' is multiply-defined:
> >          (file fstype.o type=FUNC; file
> > ../findlib/libbacfind.a(fstype.o) type=FUNC);
> > ld: warning: file /opt/csw/lib/libintl.so: attempted multiple inclusion
> > of file
> > ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written to fstype
> > *** Error code 2
> > make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `fstype'
> >
> > I have a work-around:
> > In fstype.c, after line 70:
> > #if 0
> > extern void add_mtab_item(void *user_ctx, struct stat *st, const char
> > *fstype,
> >                        const char *mountpoint, const char *mntopts,
> >                        const char *fsname);
> > #endif
> > static void add_mtab_item(void *user_ctx, struct stat *st, const char
> > *fstype,
> >                        const char *mountpoint, const char *mntopts,
> >                        const char *fsname)
> > {
> >
> > I have also created a bug report (2201) on bugs.bacula.org, which,
> > amusingly enough, does not yet know about 7.4.0.
> >
> > All else builds, but this sort of problem makes me leery of deploying
> > 7.4.0 at the moment.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Gary B-)

Re: Bacula Release 7.4.0

Kern Sibbald
Yes, there are multiple definitions of add_mtab_entry, but they should
never be included into any link at the same time unless you are doing
something wrong. The fstab in the tools directory is linked by itself
and is only a test program.

The original email below seems to indicate, at least to me, that the
second definition comes from:

  /opt/csw/lib/libintl.so

In any case the problem should be resolved in the current public git
repository.

On 02/01/2016 02:36 AM, Martin Simmons wrote:

> No, Bacula contains the multiple definition of add_mtab_entry
> (findlib/fstype.c and tools/fstype.c).  I also reported this as part of bug
> #2197.
>
> __Martin

>> Hello,
>>
>> Yes, thanks for submitting the bug report.  My best reading on this
>> problem is that one of your Solaris libraries (apparently libintl) is
>> exporting the symbol add_mtab_entry(), and that is conflicting with the
>> Bacula add_mtab_entry() definition.  As you point out in the bug report,
>> the entry point in Bacula only needs to be static, which resolves the
>> problem.  So my view is that this is not really a bug just some silly
>> library symbol conflict which is not serious.
>>
>> This version of Bacula has been quite heavily tested and as long as you
>> don't need any of the new features, it should be *very* stable.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Kern
>>
>> On 01/28/2016 06:38 PM, Gary R. Schmidt wrote:
>>> Building 7.4.0 for Solaris 10, I found the following problem when
>>> building fstype in src/tools:
>>>
>>> bacula-7.4.0/src/tools $ make
>>> /bin/CC -L/opt/webstack/mysql/lib/mysql -R/opt/webstack/mysql/lib/mysql
>>> -L/opt/csw/lib -R/opt/csw/lib -L../lib -L../findlib -o fstype fstype.o
>>> -lbacfind -lbac -lm \
>>>      -lpthread -lresolv -lnsl -lsocket -lxnet  -lintl -lresolv -lrt
>>> /opt/csw/lib/libintl.so -R/opt/csw/lib -lssl -lcrypto
>>> ld: fatal: symbol `void add_mtab_item(void*,stat*,const char*,const
>>> char*,const char*,const char*)' is multiply-defined:
>>>           (file fstype.o type=FUNC; file
>>> ../findlib/libbacfind.a(fstype.o) type=FUNC);
>>> ld: warning: file /opt/csw/lib/libintl.so: attempted multiple inclusion
>>> of file
>>> ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written to fstype
>>> *** Error code 2
>>> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `fstype'
>>>
>>> I have a work-around:
>>> In fstype.c, after line 70:
>>> #if 0
>>> extern void add_mtab_item(void *user_ctx, struct stat *st, const char
>>> *fstype,
>>>                         const char *mountpoint, const char *mntopts,
>>>                         const char *fsname);
>>> #endif
>>> static void add_mtab_item(void *user_ctx, struct stat *st, const char
>>> *fstype,
>>>                         const char *mountpoint, const char *mntopts,
>>>                         const char *fsname)
>>> {
>>>
>>> I have also created a bug report (2201) on bugs.bacula.org, which,
>>> amusingly enough, does not yet know about 7.4.0.
>>>
>>> All else builds, but this sort of problem makes me leery of deploying
>>> 7.4.0 at the moment.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Gary B-)

Re: Bacula Release 7.4.0

Martin,

I think you were reporting a different bug from what Gary reported.

Kern

On 02/01/2016 02:36 AM, Martin Simmons wrote:

> No, Bacula contains the multiple definition of add_mtab_entry
> (findlib/fstype.c and tools/fstype.c).  I also reported this as part of bug
> #2197.
>
> __Martin

>> Hello,
>>
>> Yes, thanks for submitting the bug report.  My best reading on this
>> problem is that one of your Solaris libraries (apparently libintl) is
>> exporting the symbol add_mtab_entry(), and that is conflicting with the
>> Bacula add_mtab_entry() definition.  As you point out in the bug report,
>> the entry point in Bacula only needs to be static, which resolves the
>> problem.  So my view is that this is not really a bug just some silly
>> library symbol conflict which is not serious.
>>
>> This version of Bacula has been quite heavily tested and as long as you
>> don't need any of the new features, it should be *very* stable.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Kern
>>
>> On 01/28/2016 06:38 PM, Gary R. Schmidt wrote:
>>> Building 7.4.0 for Solaris 10, I found the following problem when
>>> building fstype in src/tools:
>>>
>>> bacula-7.4.0/src/tools $ make
>>> /bin/CC -L/opt/webstack/mysql/lib/mysql -R/opt/webstack/mysql/lib/mysql
>>> -L/opt/csw/lib -R/opt/csw/lib -L../lib -L../findlib -o fstype fstype.o
>>> -lbacfind -lbac -lm \
>>>      -lpthread -lresolv -lnsl -lsocket -lxnet  -lintl -lresolv -lrt
>>> /opt/csw/lib/libintl.so -R/opt/csw/lib -lssl -lcrypto
>>> ld: fatal: symbol `void add_mtab_item(void*,stat*,const char*,const
>>> char*,const char*,const char*)' is multiply-defined:
>>>           (file fstype.o type=FUNC; file
>>> ../findlib/libbacfind.a(fstype.o) type=FUNC);
>>> ld: warning: file /opt/csw/lib/libintl.so: attempted multiple inclusion
>>> of file
>>> ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written to fstype
>>> *** Error code 2
>>> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `fstype'
>>>
>>> I have a work-around:
>>> In fstype.c, after line 70:
>>> #if 0
>>> extern void add_mtab_item(void *user_ctx, struct stat *st, const char
>>> *fstype,
>>>                         const char *mountpoint, const char *mntopts,
>>>                         const char *fsname);
>>> #endif
>>> static void add_mtab_item(void *user_ctx, struct stat *st, const char
>>> *fstype,
>>>                         const char *mountpoint, const char *mntopts,
>>>                         const char *fsname)
>>> {
>>>
>>> I have also created a bug report (2201) on bugs.bacula.org, which,
>>> amusingly enough, does not yet know about 7.4.0.
>>>
>>> All else builds, but this sort of problem makes me leery of deploying
>>> 7.4.0 at the moment.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Gary B-)

Re: Bacula Release 7.4.0

Martin Simmons
Unfortunately fstype needs to be linked with libbacfind for the read_mtab and
fstype functions, so both definitions of add_mtab_item are included.

The original email clearly says that there is a error with two definitions
add_mtab_item.  The message about /opt/csw/lib/libintl.so is a warning.

__Martin

> Yes, there are multiple definitions of add_mtab_entry, but they should
> never be included into any link at the same time unless you are doing
> something wrong. The fstab in the tools directory is linked by itself
> and is only a test program.
>
> The original email below seems to indicate, at least to me, that the
> second definition comes from:
>
>   /opt/csw/lib/libintl.so
>
> In any case the problem should be resolved in the current public git
> repository.
>
> Best regards,
> Kern
>
> On 02/01/2016 02:36 AM, Martin Simmons wrote:
> > No, Bacula contains the multiple definition of add_mtab_entry
> > (findlib/fstype.c and tools/fstype.c).  I also reported this as part of bug
> > #2197.
> >
> > __Martin

> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> Yes, thanks for submitting the bug report.  My best reading on this
> >> problem is that one of your Solaris libraries (apparently libintl) is
> >> exporting the symbol add_mtab_entry(), and that is conflicting with the
> >> Bacula add_mtab_entry() definition.  As you point out in the bug report,
> >> the entry point in Bacula only needs to be static, which resolves the
> >> problem.  So my view is that this is not really a bug just some silly
> >> library symbol conflict which is not serious.
> >>
> >> This version of Bacula has been quite heavily tested and as long as you
> >> don't need any of the new features, it should be *very* stable.
> >>
> >> Best regards,
> >> Kern

Re: Bacula Release 7.4.0

Gary R. Schmidt-3
Hi Kern,

On 2/02/2016 4:30 AM, Kern Sibbald wrote:
 > Martin,
 >
 > I think you were reporting a different bug from what Gary reported.
 >
 > Kern

I've examined the code further, and played around with it.

As Martin said, the error is caused by there being an add_mtab_entry()
in libbacfind from src/findlib/fstype.c.

There is no add_mtab_entry() in /opt/csw/lib/libintl.so, nor anything
that looks like it.

Looking at an older (7.0.5) version of src/tools/fstype.c there is much
less functionality than in the new version.

It seems that src/tools/fstype.c has had a hunk of src/findlib/fstype.c
click'n'drooled into it, it would be better being re-written to use the
functions in libbacfind - which would mean exposing at least one
structure in src/findlib/fstype.c - or to not use libbacfind at all.

        Cheers,
                Gary B-)

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula Release 7.4.0

Cejka Rudolf
Kern Sibbald wrote (2016/01/18):
> Yesterday, we released Bacula version 7.4.0.

Hello, thank you very much ;o)

So I have decided that I should finally upgrade my 5.2.12-based backup
site to something newer. So I have upgraded server, then 20+ client
nodes...

And then I have found, that some services started to fail.

And disaster began...

Please, why there is

installdirs:
        chmod 770 $(DESTDIR)$(sysconfdir)

in Makefile.in? I had sysconfdir set to /usr/local/etc in FreeBSD
and /etc in Linux, so everywhere I have put new bacula,
I accidentally cut off access to these system directories to
non-root services and programs. (Bug report 2205.)

(I also filled one minor problem, with id 2204).

Best regards and good night...

--
Rudolf Cejka <cejkar at fit.vutbr.cz> http://www.fit.vutbr.cz/~cejkar
Brno University of Technology, Faculty of Information Technology

Re: Bacula Release 7.4.0

Hello Carsten,

I am sorry, I thought I had pushed everything.

The repository now has the tag for Release-7.4.0.  However, I would very
strongly recommend that you pull the full repository and take the
release from the HEAD.  There is also a tag
Release-7.4.0a on the full head.  Between Release-7.4.0 and
Release-7.4.0a there are several important fixes to the ReleaseNotes and
to a few scripts that were broken.  There is also one possible bug fix.

On 05/29/2016 09:01 PM, Carsten Leonhardt wrote:

> Hi Kern,
>
> would you be kind enough to push the tag for release 7.4.0 to the public
> repo? It seems to be commit 40f90cf3a30580fc823ff844c7173a6cdfbe0090 but
> you would know better :-)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Carsten

Re: Bacula Release 7.4.0

Simone Caronni-2
Hi Kern,

the tag is version 7.4.0a but the code says 7.4.1. Can you make some adjustments and also release the source tarballs?

Thanks & regards,
--Simone

On Mon, May 30, 2016 at 7:09 AM, Kern Sibbald <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello Carsten,

I am sorry, I thought I had pushed everything.

The repository now has the tag for Release-7.4.0.  However, I would very
strongly recommend that you pull the full repository and take the
release from the HEAD.  There is also a tag
Release-7.4.0a on the full head.  Between Release-7.4.0 and
Release-7.4.0a there are several important fixes to the ReleaseNotes and
to a few scripts that were broken.  There is also one possible bug fix.

On 05/29/2016 09:01 PM, Carsten Leonhardt wrote:
> Hi Kern,
>
> would you be kind enough to push the tag for release 7.4.0 to the public
> repo? It seems to be commit 40f90cf3a30580fc823ff844c7173a6cdfbe0090 but
> you would know better :-)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Carsten

You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore (R. W. Emerson).

http://xkcd.com/229/
http://negativo17.org/

Re: Bacula Release 7.4.0

Kern Sibbald
Hello Simone,

Hmm.  If the version says 7.4.1, I probably should make a release.  I thought the next release was going to be ready just about now (it has lots of new features), but it is going to take me a few more months to ensure the quality.

I will see about backporting a few fixes from the next release (probably 7.6.0 or 9.0.0) and making an official 7.4.1 release this week.  Will that work for you?

On 05/30/2016 12:30 PM, Simone Caronni wrote:
Hi Kern,

the tag is version 7.4.0a but the code says 7.4.1. Can you make some adjustments and also release the source tarballs?

Thanks & regards,
--Simone

On Mon, May 30, 2016 at 7:09 AM, Kern Sibbald <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello Carsten,

I am sorry, I thought I had pushed everything.

The repository now has the tag for Release-7.4.0.  However, I would very
strongly recommend that you pull the full repository and take the
release from the HEAD.  There is also a tag
Release-7.4.0a on the full head.  Between Release-7.4.0 and
Release-7.4.0a there are several important fixes to the ReleaseNotes and
to a few scripts that were broken.  There is also one possible bug fix.

On 05/29/2016 09:01 PM, Carsten Leonhardt wrote:
> Hi Kern,
>
> would you be kind enough to push the tag for release 7.4.0 to the public
> repo? It seems to be commit 40f90cf3a30580fc823ff844c7173a6cdfbe0090 but
> you would know better :-)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Carsten

You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore (R. W. Emerson).

http://xkcd.com/229/
http://negativo17.org/

Re: Bacula Release 7.4.0

Simone Caronni-2