Bacula database MySQL engine

Ana Emília M. Arruda
Hello list,

Recently discussions in bacula-users mailing list pointed to InnoDB being preferable than MyISAM (mainly because of MyISAM problems with data integrity and faster for inserts I suppose).

I´m going to try InnoDB in my production environment and I noticed that for very large tables this conversion can take a long time to complete. So I´m attaching a very simple script that can be used for this purpose.

I´m also attaching a patch that adds a with-db-engine configure option that permits the user customize the MySQL engine used for the Bacula database.

Best regards,
Ana

convert_to_innoDB.sh (2K) Download Attachment
7.2-MySQLEngine.patch (4K) Download Attachment