We are pleased to announce that we have just released Bacula version 7.4.4
This version is a minor bug fix release.
If you are a packager, I strongly advise you to take the 7.4.4 version instead of 7.4.0 since it corrects a number of problems related to packaging and installation. If you are already running Bacula version 7.4.0, it is not urgent to upgrade unless you find a problem you are experiencing on the list of fixes (see ReleaseNotes below). There is no database update required from any prior 7.4.x version, but as usual all Storage Daemons must be updated to the same version as your Director (presumably 7.4.4).
As a reminder, the Windows File Daemon is available for
download on the www.bacula.org web site for personal use. Since
there are no updates to the Windows FD, version 7.4.4 does not
exist. Consequently, please use the Windows FD version 7.4.0.
We are working on releasing an updated version.
Work is progressing on the next major version, which will have several major new features. It will probably be ready in the spring of 2017.
Thank you for using Bacula.
Release Notes for Bacula 7.4.4
– Fix #2085 About director segfault in cram-md5 function
– Attempt to fix bug #2237
– Recompile configure.in
– Fix systemd installation
– If using readline reset terminal at bconsole exit
– Fix compilation without SMARTALLOC
– Fix #2060 about SQL false error message with “update volume fromallpools” command
– Fix spurious MD5 update errors when nothing changed should fix bug #2237 and others
– Fix small memory leak with the restart command
– baculum: Update language files
– Fix #335 Avoid backups going to the scratch pool
– Minor modifications to Ubuntu packaging
– Check if the ScratchPool points to the current Pool and print a warning message in such case
– Fix #1968 print the ScratchPool name instead of just ‘Scratch’
– Display PrefixLinks in “show job” output
– Add explicit LL to big integers to appease older compilers
– Enable the plugin directory for the FileDaemon by default
– Allow multiple mailcommand+operatorcommand in Messages. Fixes bug #2222
– Handle NULL pointers in smartdump() and asciidump()
– Modify status to include Admin and Restore in Level field — clearer
– Ensure that zero JobMedias are written for labelling
– Fix error message about the stream 26 (PLUGIN_NAME) in bextract
Bugs fixed/closed since last release:
1968 2060 2085 2222 2237 335