Bacula-users] Problem when using removable drives (such as HD USB)

Bacula-users] Problem when using removable drives (such as HD USB)

Kern Sibbald
Hello Wanderlei,

I am pleased that my suggestion worked for you.  I hope you do not mind me copying the list, since often they can profit from knowing the solution.

A bug report is fine.  What is ideal is to give me the name of the file and the line number where you want to put the changes.  To do so you must download the source.  Next best is to give me the title of the Chapter and the title of the section/subsection and some text around where you want to make changes.

On 11/16/2016 01:46 AM, Wanderlei Huttel wrote:
I was making a test for a Brazilian guy, and I've created a Device in bacula-sd.conf as Removable Device. (I'm using bacula 7.4.4)

Device {
  Name = DiscoLocal3
  Media Type = File
  Device Type = File
  Archive Device = "/dev/disk/by-uuid/7345471b-770e-438e-8124-33b6d4599ce2"
  LabelMedia = yes
  RemovableMedia = yes
  Random Access = yes
  Requires Mount = yes
  Mount Point  = "/mnt/disco_usb"
  Mount Command = "/bin/mount -t ext4 %a %m"
  Unmount Command = "/bin/umount %m"
  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 50
}

Re: Bacula-users] Problem when using removable drives (such as HD USB)

Wanderlei Huttel
Hello Kern

Sorry, when I answered I forgot to reply for all.

I've already opened a bug report and I'm copying the modification suggestion below

Line 713
From: Unmount Command = "/bin/umount %m"
To:   Unmount Command = "/bin/umount %a"
Line 1097
From: Mount Command = "/bin/mount -t iso9660 -o ro %a %m"
To:   Mount Command = "/bin/mount -t iso9660 -o ro %m %a"
Line 1107
From: Mount Command = "/usr/local/bin/mymount"
To:   Command = "/usr/local/bin/mymount.sh"
Line 1135
From: Unmount Command = "/bin/umount %m"
To:   Unmount Command = "/bin/umount %a"
About "Mount Point = directory" (lines 683 and 1081) (suggestion)
From:
Mount Point = directory
Directory where the device can be mounted. This directive is used only for devices that have Requires Mount enabled such as USB file devices.

To:
Mount Point = path
Full path to the device (Ex: /dev/sda1). This directive is used only for devices that have Requires Mount enabled such as USB file devices.

From:
Mount Point = directory
Directory where the device can be mounted.

To:
Mount Point = path
Full path to the device.

Devices that require a mount (USB)
Put an example:

Device {
  Name = FileChgr1
  Media Type = File
  Device Type = File
  Archive Device  = "/mnt/disk_usb"
  LabelMedia = yes
  RemovableMedia = yes
  Random Access = yes
  Requires Mount = yes
  Mount Point  = "/dev/sda1"
  Mount Command = "/bin/mount -t ext4 %m %a"
  Unmount Command = "/bin/umount %a"
}

Best Regards

Wanderlei Hüttel