Bconsole bytes more "human readable"

Wanderlei Huttel
Hello

I've made a research in bacula's source and I've  discovered that bacula has a function to convert bytes to more "human readable" called "edit_uint64_with_suffix" in src/lib/edit.c and I noticed that the same function is used in src/dird/backup.c and src/dird/restore.c (I guess to message  joblog)

I'm sending a patch for appreciation and I will open a feature request.
I just changed the list command, no llist command.

Best Regards!

Atenciosamente

Nome | Wanderlei Hüttel

sql.c.patch (4K) Download Attachment

Fwd: Bconsole bytes more "human readable"

Wanderlei Huttel
I forgot to mention that I'm using version 7.4.0.

Best Regards
Wanderlei

sql.c.patch (4K) Download Attachment

Re: Bconsole bytes more "human readable"

Wanderlei Huttel
Hello
I'm so sorry again.  I noticed that I send the wrong patch! (I inverted order of files)

Now I promise is correct :)

Best Regards
Wanderlei

sql.c-7.4.0.patch (2K) Download Attachment

Re: Bconsole bytes more "human readable"

Wanderlei Huttel
The last one!

Ignore the old ones, please!
It's late and I'm tired!

I'm so sorry again!

Best Regards
Wanderlei

Hello
I'm so sorry again.  I noticed that I send the wrong patch! (I inverted order of files)

Now I promise is correct :)

Best Regards
Wanderlei

I forgot to mention that I'm using version 7.4.0.

Best Regards
Wanderlei

sql.c-7.4.0-OK.patch (2K) Download Attachment

Re: Bconsole bytes more "human readable"

I have been wanting something that prints more human readable values for
quite some time, but I was hoping to avoid doing specific tests as you
did.  That said, please submit your patch as a "Feature request" or a
bug report.  That way, we will be 100% sure it is not lost (I am
currently on vacation).

Also, please go to the Bacula.org web site and print, fill out, sign,
then send me the CAA.  See bacula.org -> General -> License then go to
the bottom of the page.

On 02/19/2016 09:12 AM, Wanderlei Huttel wrote:

> Hello
>
> I've made a research in bacula's source and I've  discovered that bacula
> has a function to convert bytes to more "human readable" called
> "edit_uint64_with_suffix" in src/lib/edit.c and I noticed that the same
> function is used in src/dird/backup.c and src/dird/restore.c (I guess to
> message  joblog)
>
> I'm sending a patch for appreciation and I will open a feature request.
> I just changed the list command, no llist command.
>

> Best Regards!
>
> Atenciosamente
>
> *Nome */|/***Wanderlei Hüttel*
> *Blog*  | http://www.huttel.com.br

Re: Fwd: Bconsole bytes more "human readable"

Great.

On 02/19/2016 10:51 AM, Wanderlei Huttel wrote:

> I forgot to mention that I'm using version 7.4.0.
>
> Best Regards
> Wanderlei

Well, please rest up then post the "real" patch to a bug report.

On 02/19/2016 12:08 PM, Wanderlei Huttel wrote:

> The last one!
>
> Ignore the old ones, please!
> It's late and I'm tired!
>
> I'm so sorry again!
>
> Best Regards
> Wanderlei

> <mailto:[hidden email]>>:
>
>     Hello
>     I'm so sorry again.  I noticed that I send the wrong patch! (I
>     inverted order of files)
>
>     Now I promise is correct :)
>
>     Best Regards
>     Wanderlei

>     <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>>:
>
>         I forgot to mention that I'm using version 7.4.0.
>
>         Best Regards
>         Wanderlei

Heitor Faria
Hello Kern and Wanderlei,

I'm glad I could inspire talented developers unleashing their inner potential (hue).
This one was an old request from several users.

Thank you very much!

> I have been wanting something that prints more human readable values for
> quite some time, but I was hoping to avoid doing specific tests as you
> did.  That said, please submit your patch as a "Feature request" or a
> bug report.  That way, we will be 100% sure it is not lost (I am
> currently on vacation).
>
> Also, please go to the Bacula.org web site and print, fill out, sign,
> then send me the CAA.  See bacula.org -> General -> License then go to
> the bottom of the page.
>
> Best regards,
> Kern
>
> On 02/19/2016 09:12 AM, Wanderlei Huttel wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>> I've made a research in bacula's source and I've  discovered that bacula
>> has a function to convert bytes to more "human readable" called
>> "edit_uint64_with_suffix" in src/lib/edit.c and I noticed that the same
>> function is used in src/dird/backup.c and src/dird/restore.c (I guess to
>> message  joblog)
>>
>> I'm sending a patch for appreciation and I will open a feature request.
>> I just changed the list command, no llist command.
>>

>> Best Regards!
>>
>> Atenciosamente
>>
>> *Nome */|/***Wanderlei Hüttel*
>> *Blog*  | http://www.huttel.com.br

Heitor Medrado de Faria - LPIC-III | ITIL-F | Bacula Systems Certified Administrator II
Do you need Bacula training? http://bacula.us/video-classes/
+55 61 8268-4220
Site: http://bacula.us FB: heitor.faria

Re: Bconsole bytes more "human readable"

Wanderlei Huttel
Thanks Heitor and Kern

I've opened a ticket in mantis bug tracker!

About CAA, I've already sent you an e-mail and scanned by mail.

Best Regards
Wanderlei