Beta release 7.9.2

This is to inform you that we have release Bacula BETA version 7.9.2 to
the www.bacula.org source download area.  It has a few fixes, the most
important one is that it fixes the Progress information that the FD
passes to the Director.  In some cases, this information was previously
discarded.

I will be on vacation 7 June to 16 June and on my return barring any bug
reports, I will do the official 9.0.0 release.  Now is the time to help
the project by testing this new BETA release so that we can be sure that
the production 9.0.0 version will not have any issues.  Thanks for your
help.

Re: [Bacula-users] Beta release 7.9.2

Martin Simmons
Hi Kern,

Does this release include the cloud and aligned volume support?  There are
some source files but they only contain the license header.

The --disable-libtool option to configure has been broken by the addition of
the loadable SD device driver architecture needed for these volume types.

__Martin

> Hello,
>
> This is to inform you that we have release Bacula BETA version 7.9.2 to
> the www.bacula.org source download area.  It has a few fixes, the most
> important one is that it fixes the Progress information that the FD
> passes to the Director.  In some cases, this information was previously
> discarded.
>
> I will be on vacation 7 June to 16 June and on my return barring any bug
> reports, I will do the official 9.0.0 release.  Now is the time to help
> the project by testing this new BETA release so that we can be sure that
> the production 9.0.0 version will not have any issues.  Thanks for your
> help.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Kern

Re: [Bacula-users] Beta release 7.9.2

Kern Sibbald
Hello Martin,

Yes, what you are seeing is the framework for those plugins.

The cloud plugin + source code is still being developed, and will be
released after the first of the year.  We will release the cloud plugin
source code.

The aligned volume plugin is a somewhat special case.  Bacula Systems
has filed a patent for the technology (patent pending), and we are
advised not to release the source code prior to obtaining the full
patent.  However, we will be releasing the binary plugin for it.

There are some important points with these new plugins:

1. They work only with the binaries they are built with.

2. Production of community binaries are in the process of being
produced.  They also require changes to the web site.  I am hoping the
binaries will be released with the production 9.0.0 later this month.  I
depend on Bacula Systems to produce these binaries.

3. The community binaries for the most part are installed into
/opt/bacula rather that sprayed all over a the OS filesystem.

I hope this answers your questions about the cloud and aligned plugins.

We do not use the --disable-libtool option, and in fact we will be
making more and more use of shared objects and runtime loaded shared
objects such as the cloud and aligned plugins.  If you would like to
have the --disable-libtool work, I suggest sending me a patch.

On 06/06/2017 04:24 PM, Martin Simmons wrote:

> Hi Kern,
>
> Does this release include the cloud and aligned volume support?  There are
> some source files but they only contain the license header.
>
> The --disable-libtool option to configure has been broken by the addition of
> the loadable SD device driver architecture needed for these volume types.
>
> __Martin

>> Hello,
>>
>> This is to inform you that we have release Bacula BETA version 7.9.2 to
>> the www.bacula.org source download area.  It has a few fixes, the most
>> important one is that it fixes the Progress information that the FD
>> passes to the Director.  In some cases, this information was previously
>> discarded.
>>
>> I will be on vacation 7 June to 16 June and on my return barring any bug
>> reports, I will do the official 9.0.0 release.  Now is the time to help
>> the project by testing this new BETA release so that we can be sure that
>> the production 9.0.0 version will not have any issues.  Thanks for your
>> help.
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Kern

Re: [Bacula-users] Beta release 7.9.2

Martin Simmons
Hi Kern,

Thanks for explaining about the plugins.

I will stop using --disable-libtool and give libtool another chance (there
used to be compile-time problems on FreeBSD with it finding old versions of
the libbac*.so in /usr/local/lib rather than linking to the versions from the
new build).

__Martin

> Hello Martin,
>
> Yes, what you are seeing is the framework for those plugins.
>
> The cloud plugin + source code is still being developed, and will be
> released after the first of the year.  We will release the cloud plugin
> source code.
>
> The aligned volume plugin is a somewhat special case.  Bacula Systems
> has filed a patent for the technology (patent pending), and we are
> advised not to release the source code prior to obtaining the full
> patent.  However, we will be releasing the binary plugin for it.
>
> There are some important points with these new plugins:
>
> 1. They work only with the binaries they are built with.
>
> 2. Production of community binaries are in the process of being
> produced.  They also require changes to the web site.  I am hoping the
> binaries will be released with the production 9.0.0 later this month.  I
> depend on Bacula Systems to produce these binaries.
>
> 3. The community binaries for the most part are installed into
> /opt/bacula rather that sprayed all over a the OS filesystem.
>
> I hope this answers your questions about the cloud and aligned plugins.
>
> We do not use the --disable-libtool option, and in fact we will be
> making more and more use of shared objects and runtime loaded shared
> objects such as the cloud and aligned plugins.  If you would like to
> have the --disable-libtool work, I suggest sending me a patch.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Kern
>

> On 06/06/2017 04:24 PM, Martin Simmons wrote:
> > Hi Kern,
> >
> > Does this release include the cloud and aligned volume support?  There are
> > some source files but they only contain the license header.
> >
> > The --disable-libtool option to configure has been broken by the addition of
> > the loadable SD device driver architecture needed for these volume types.
> >
> > __Martin

> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> This is to inform you that we have release Bacula BETA version 7.9.2 to
> >> the www.bacula.org source download area.  It has a few fixes, the most
> >> important one is that it fixes the Progress information that the FD
> >> passes to the Director.  In some cases, this information was previously
> >> discarded.
> >>
> >> I will be on vacation 7 June to 16 June and on my return barring any bug
> >> reports, I will do the official 9.0.0 release.  Now is the time to help
> >> the project by testing this new BETA release so that we can be sure that
> >> the production 9.0.0 version will not have any issues.  Thanks for your
> >> help.
> >>
> >> Best regards,
> >>
> >> Kern

Re: [Bacula-users] Beta release 7.9.2

Kern Sibbald
Hello Martin,

If I am not mistaken, I avoid those problems by using a link that
includes the version.  It seems to me that some distros use different
linking options than the project does.  That might be a reason you had
problems.   If you experience problems, check the distro linking options
vs those in the source release.

On 06/06/2017 07:26 PM, Martin Simmons wrote:

> Hi Kern,
>
> Thanks for explaining about the plugins.
>
> I will stop using --disable-libtool and give libtool another chance (there
> used to be compile-time problems on FreeBSD with it finding old versions of
> the libbac*.so in /usr/local/lib rather than linking to the versions from the
> new build).
>
> __Martin

>> Hello Martin,
>>
>> Yes, what you are seeing is the framework for those plugins.
>>
>> The cloud plugin + source code is still being developed, and will be
>> released after the first of the year.  We will release the cloud plugin
>> source code.
>>
>> The aligned volume plugin is a somewhat special case.  Bacula Systems
>> has filed a patent for the technology (patent pending), and we are
>> advised not to release the source code prior to obtaining the full
>> patent.  However, we will be releasing the binary plugin for it.
>>
>> There are some important points with these new plugins:
>>
>> 1. They work only with the binaries they are built with.
>>
>> 2. Production of community binaries are in the process of being
>> produced.  They also require changes to the web site.  I am hoping the
>> binaries will be released with the production 9.0.0 later this month.  I
>> depend on Bacula Systems to produce these binaries.
>>
>> 3. The community binaries for the most part are installed into
>> /opt/bacula rather that sprayed all over a the OS filesystem.
>>
>> I hope this answers your questions about the cloud and aligned plugins.
>>
>> We do not use the --disable-libtool option, and in fact we will be
>> making more and more use of shared objects and runtime loaded shared
>> objects such as the cloud and aligned plugins.  If you would like to
>> have the --disable-libtool work, I suggest sending me a patch.
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Kern
>>

>> On 06/06/2017 04:24 PM, Martin Simmons wrote:
>>> Hi Kern,
>>>
>>> Does this release include the cloud and aligned volume support?  There are
>>> some source files but they only contain the license header.
>>>
>>> The --disable-libtool option to configure has been broken by the addition of
>>> the loadable SD device driver architecture needed for these volume types.
>>>
>>> __Martin

Re: Beta release 7.9.2

Stuart Henderson
On 2017/06/06 13:57, Kern Sibbald wrote:

> Hello,
>
> This is to inform you that we have release Bacula BETA version 7.9.2 to the
> www.bacula.org source download area.  It has a few fixes, the most important
> one is that it fixes the Progress information that the FD passes to the
> Director.  In some cases, this information was previously discarded.
>
> I will be on vacation 7 June to 16 June and on my return barring any bug
> reports, I will do the official 9.0.0 release.  Now is the time to help the
> project by testing this new BETA release so that we can be sure that the
> production 9.0.0 version will not have any issues.  Thanks for your help.

7.9.2 <> 7.9.2 is working ok for me.

I had problems with 7.9.2 director <> 7.4.7 FD. Is that of interest?
If so, is there any information I can get that would help?

06-Jun 23:57 bacula-dir JobId 13375: Start Backup JobId 13375, Job=somehost.2017-06-06_23.57.25_06
06-Jun 23:57 bacula-dir JobId 13375: Using Device "vDrive-1" to write.
06-Jun 23:57 bacula-dir JobId 13375: Sending Accurate information to the FD.
06-Jun 23:58 bacula-dir JobId 13375: Error: bsock.c:654 Wrote 119 bytes to Client: somehost:somehost:9102, but only 0 accepted.
06-Jun 23:58 bacula-dir JobId 13375: Error: bsock.c:537 Socket has errors=1 on call to Client: somehost:somehost:9102
06-Jun 23:58 bacula-dir JobId 13375: Fatal error: Network error with FD during Backup: ERR=Broken pipe
06-Jun 23:59 bacula-dir JobId 13375: Fatal error: No Job status returned from FD.
06-Jun 23:59 bacula-dir JobId 13375: Error: Bacula bacula-dir 7.9.2 (05Jun17):
  Build OS:               x86_64-unknown-openbsd6.1 openbsd 6.1
  JobId:                  13375
  Job:                    somehost.2017-06-06_23.57.25_06
  Backup Level:           Incremental, since=2017-06-06 02:15:06
  Client:                 "somehost" 7.4.7 (16Mar17) x86_64-unknown-openbsd6.1,openbsd,6.1
  FileSet:                "somehostFiles" 2016-01-08 02:15:00
  Pool:                   "Inc-Pool" (From Job IncPool override)
  Catalog:                "MyCatalog" (From Client resource)
  Storage:                "FileStorage" (From Pool resource)
  Scheduled time:         06-Jun-2017 23:57:24
  Start time:             06-Jun-2017 23:57:29
  End time:               06-Jun-2017 23:59:29
  Elapsed time:           2 mins
  FD Files Written:       0
  SD Files Written:       0
  FD Bytes Written:       0 (0 B)
  SD Bytes Written:       0 (0 B)
  Rate:                   0.0 KB/s
  Software Compression:   None
  Comm Line Compression:  None
  Snapshot/VSS:           no
  Encryption:             no
  Accurate:               yes
  Volume name(s):
  Volume Session Id:      5
  Volume Session Time:    1496788127
  Last Volume Bytes:      5,248,276,929 (5.248 GB)
  Non-fatal FD errors:    2
  SD Errors:              0
  FD termination status:  Error
  SD termination status:  OK
  Termination:            *** Backup Error ***

Re: Beta release 7.9.2

Yes, It should be compatible with a 7.4.7 FD that is running on a
different machine.  Try turning on a debug level of 100 on the Director
and on the FD and capture the output.

setdebug level=100 Dir

setdebug level=100 Client

run a backup

I am just leaving for vacation, so it may take me a bit to get Internet.

Re: Beta release 7.9.2

Gary R. Schmidt-3
On 2017-06-06 21:57, Kern Sibbald wrote:
> Hello,
>
> This is to inform you that we have release Bacula BETA version 7.9.2

Hi Kern,

Trying to build on Solaris 10 x64, using Developer Studio 12.3.

Can't disable libtool - oh great, can't work out what is going on
underneath, just ducky.

Configure:
./configure \
         CC=cc CXX=CC \
         CFLAGS="-g -O" \
         LDFLAGS="-Lpath_to/lib/mysql -Rpath_to/lib/mysql" \
         --with-mysql=path_to_mysql \
         --enable-smartalloc \
         --enable-batch-insert \
I have removed the options that just set the prefix and names of things
and so on.

         checking term.h usability... no
         checking term.h presence... yes
         configure: WARNING: term.h: present but cannot be compiled
         configure: WARNING: term.h:     check for missing prerequisite
headers?
         configure: WARNING: term.h: see the Autoconf documentation
         configure: WARNING: term.h:     section "Present But Cannot Be
Compiled"
         configure: WARNING: term.h: proceeding with the compiler's
result
         checking for term.h... no
The real problem is that you shouldn't be including term.h on it's own,
you should use curses.h.

Making it:

Requires GNU make to build - portable?  Oh yes, it builds on Fedora Core
*and* Ubuntu.

         gmake[1]: Entering directory
`.../bacula/BETA/bacula-7.9.2/src/lib'
         Compiling bsys.c
         "../lib/bsock.h", line 293: Warning: Identifier expected instead
of "}".
         "../lib/bsock.h", line 311: Warning: Identifier expected instead
of "}".
Sigh.  Trailing ',' on the last element in a struct.  Yes, I know the
new standards allow it.

         "bsys.c", line 1219: Error: Use ";" to terminate declarations.
Oh, line 1218:
         int tmp_errno = errno
How did that one get through?

Okay, fix this lot, try again...

Ignoring warnings for the moment, next!

         Compiling lz4.c
         "lz4.c", line 174: Error: Syntax error in pragma.
         "lz4.c", line 174: Error: Missing ')' in #pragma.
         "lz4.c", line 174: Error: Syntax error in pragma.
         "lz4.c", line 182: Error: Syntax error in pragma.
         "lz4.c", line 182: Error: Missing ')' in #pragma.
         "lz4.c", line 182: Error: Syntax error in pragma.

So, what's at these lines...
         #if !defined(LZ4_FORCE_UNALIGNED_ACCESS) && !defined(__GNUC__)
         #  pragma pack(push, 1)
         #endif
         #if !defined(LZ4_FORCE_UNALIGNED_ACCESS) && !defined(__GNUC__)
         #  pragma pack(pop)
         #endif
That's a new one, a pragma that pushes and pops state, not part of 12.3,
nor part of 12.5.
I wonder if it's in 12.6???  No, I wonder what compiler supplies it?

Should probably be, unless there is a test for push/pop?:
         #if !defined(LZ4_FORCE_UNALIGNED_ACCESS) && !defined(__GNUC__)
         #  pragma pack(1)
         #endif
         #if !defined(LZ4_FORCE_UNALIGNED_ACCESS) && !defined(__GNUC__)
         #  pragma pack()
         #endif

Giving up at this point, I will try with GCC 5.2.0 after I send this.

         Cheers,
                 Gary    B-)

Re: Beta release 7.9.2

Gary R. Schmidt-3
Trying to build on Solaris 10 x64, using GCC 5.2.0.

As expected:
Compiling bsys.c
bsys.c: In function 'int baccept(int, sockaddr*, socklen_t*)':
bsys.c:1219:7: error: expected ',' or ';' before 'if'
        if (fcntl(fd, F_SETFD, fcntl(fd, F_GETFD) | FD_CLOEXEC) < 0) {
               ^

Fix, and continue:
         Linking bacula-sd ...
         .../BETA/bacula-7.9.2/libtool --silent --tag=CXX --mode=link
/opt/csw/bin/g++  -Lpath_to_mysql/lib/mysql -Rpath_to_mysql/lib/mysql
-L/opt/csw/lib -R/opt/csw/lib -L. -L../lib -o bacula-sd stored.o
append.o authenticate.o dircmd.o fd_cmds.o job.o hello.o status.o
vbackup.o stored_conf.o global.o -lz \
                 -lbacsd -lbaccfg -lbac -lm  -lpthread -lresolv -lnsl
-lsocket -lxnet  -lintl -lresolv -lrt  \
                 /opt/csw/lib/libintl.so -R/opt/csw/lib -lssl -lcrypto
         ld: warning: file /opt/csw/lib/libintl.so: attempted multiple
inclusion of file
         ld: warning: file /opt/csw/lib/libstdc++.so: attempted multiple
inclusion of file
         Undefined                       first referenced
         symbol                             in file
         bcrc32_bad(unsigned char*, int)
/home/garys/src/bacula/BETA/bacula-7.9.2/src/stored/.libs/libbacsd.so
         ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to
.libs/bacula-sd

Interesting, bcrc32_bad is in ./src/lib/protos.h, but not defined
anywhere.

         Cheers,
                 Gary    B-)

Re: Beta release 7.9.2

Bacula does not require g++ to build, but you may need to adjust
things.  For example, on FreeBSD Bacula is built with clang.  On Solaris
you can use the Solaris compiler.  I don't know what Developer Studio
is, so I cannot say.  However, you will need to have GNU tools installed.

See comments below ...

On 06/07/2017 09:17 AM, Gary R. Schmidt wrote:

> On 2017-06-06 21:57, Kern Sibbald wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> This is to inform you that we have release Bacula BETA version 7.9.2
>
> Hi Kern,
>
> Trying to build on Solaris 10 x64, using Developer Studio 12.3.
>
> Can't disable libtool - oh great, can't work out what is going on
> underneath, just ducky.
Yes, we rely on libtool.  It is complicated, but it is less complicated
than trying to have different linking on each different OS.  It is
portable in the sense that gnu tools are everywhere.

> Configure:
> ./configure \
>         CC=cc CXX=CC \
>         CFLAGS="-g -O" \
>         LDFLAGS="-Lpath_to/lib/mysql -Rpath_to/lib/mysql" \
>         --with-mysql=path_to_mysql \
>         --enable-smartalloc \
>         --enable-batch-insert \
> I have removed the options that just set the prefix and names of
> things and so on.

>         checking term.h usability... no
>         checking term.h presence... yes
>         configure: WARNING: term.h: present but cannot be compiled
>         configure: WARNING: term.h:     check for missing prerequisite
> headers?
>         configure: WARNING: term.h: see the Autoconf documentation
>         configure: WARNING: term.h:     section "Present But Cannot Be
> Compiled"
>         configure: WARNING: term.h: proceeding with the compiler's result
>         checking for term.h... no
> The real problem is that you shouldn't be including term.h on it's
> own, you should use curses.h.
>
> Making it:
>
> Requires GNU make to build - portable?  Oh yes, it builds on Fedora
> Core *and* Ubuntu.
It builds on Mac OSX, Windows, FreeBSD, Solaris and others.

>         gmake[1]: Entering directory
> `.../bacula/BETA/bacula-7.9.2/src/lib'
>         Compiling bsys.c
>         "../lib/bsock.h", line 293: Warning: Identifier expected
> instead of "}".
>         "../lib/bsock.h", line 311: Warning: Identifier expected
> instead of "}".
> Sigh.  Trailing ',' on the last element in a struct.  Yes, I know the
> new standards allow it.
>
>         "bsys.c", line 1219: Error: Use ";" to terminate declarations.
> Oh, line 1218:
>         int tmp_errno = errno
> How did that one get through?

This is brand new code, and apparently is not enabled on Linux.

Thanks for pointing it out.  I have fixed it in the source.

> Okay, fix this lot, try again...
>
> Ignoring warnings for the moment, next!
>
>         Compiling lz4.c
>         "lz4.c", line 174: Error: Syntax error in pragma.
>         "lz4.c", line 174: Error: Missing ')' in #pragma.
>         "lz4.c", line 174: Error: Syntax error in pragma.
>         "lz4.c", line 182: Error: Syntax error in pragma.
>         "lz4.c", line 182: Error: Missing ')' in #pragma.
>         "lz4.c", line 182: Error: Syntax error in pragma.
>
> So, what's at these lines...

You will have to ask the lz4 guys, but I admit, it looks pretty ugly.

>         #if !defined(LZ4_FORCE_UNALIGNED_ACCESS) && !defined(__GNUC__)
>         #  pragma pack(push, 1)
>         #endif
>         #if !defined(LZ4_FORCE_UNALIGNED_ACCESS) && !defined(__GNUC__)
>         #  pragma pack(pop)
>         #endif
> That's a new one, a pragma that pushes and pops state, not part of
> 12.3, nor part of 12.5.
> I wonder if it's in 12.6???  No, I wonder what compiler supplies it?
>
> Should probably be, unless there is a test for push/pop?:
>         #if !defined(LZ4_FORCE_UNALIGNED_ACCESS) && !defined(__GNUC__)
>         #  pragma pack(1)
>         #endif
>         #if !defined(LZ4_FORCE_UNALIGNED_ACCESS) && !defined(__GNUC__)
>         #  pragma pack()
>         #endif
>
> Giving up at this point, I will try with GCC 5.2.0 after I send this.

You will probably have better luck with gcc.  I have not tried building
on Solaris recently, so you will undoubtedly face a few goof ups.

This is a BETA release, so these problems do not surprise me, though I
certainly would rather not have them.

Thanks for testing this new version.

Re: Beta release 7.9.2

On 06/07/2017 09:52 AM, Gary R. Schmidt wrote:
> Trying to build on Solaris 10 x64, using GCC 5.2.0.
>
> As expected:
> Compiling bsys.c
> bsys.c: In function 'int baccept(int, sockaddr*, socklen_t*)':
> bsys.c:1219:7: error: expected ',' or ';' before 'if'
>        if (fcntl(fd, F_SETFD, fcntl(fd, F_GETFD) | FD_CLOEXEC) < 0) {
> ^

Well, I really do not like seeing an fnctl as an argument to fnctl as it
makes it harder to read (you might guess that I am not the author of
that code).
However, I don't immediately see the problem.  Could you be more explict?

> Fix, and continue:
>         Linking bacula-sd ...
>         .../BETA/bacula-7.9.2/libtool --silent --tag=CXX --mode=link
> /opt/csw/bin/g++  -Lpath_to_mysql/lib/mysql -Rpath_to_mysql/lib/mysql
> -L/opt/csw/lib -R/opt/csw/lib -L. -L../lib -o bacula-sd stored.o
> append.o authenticate.o dircmd.o fd_cmds.o job.o hello.o status.o
> vbackup.o stored_conf.o global.o -lz \
>                 -lbacsd -lbaccfg -lbac -lm  -lpthread -lresolv -lnsl
> -lsocket -lxnet  -lintl -lresolv -lrt  \
>                 /opt/csw/lib/libintl.so -R/opt/csw/lib -lssl -lcrypto
>         ld: warning: file /opt/csw/lib/libintl.so: attempted multiple
> inclusion of file
>         ld: warning: file /opt/csw/lib/libstdc++.so: attempted
> multiple inclusion of file
>         Undefined                       first referenced
>         symbol                             in file
>         bcrc32_bad(unsigned char*, int)
> /home/garys/src/bacula/BETA/bacula-7.9.2/src/stored/.libs/libbacsd.so
>         ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to
> .libs/bacula-sd
>
> Interesting, bcrc32_bad is in ./src/lib/protos.h, but not defined
> anywhere.

This is probably a piece pulled in from the Enterprise version that I
failed to notice.
Unfortunately, bcrc32_bad is referenced in src/stored/block_util.c, but
only for Solaris.  I did not include the source for bcrc32_bad, because
I thought it was not needed/used.  I will have to check with the author
of the code.  For the current time, if you want to build and link
correctly, I recommend deleting the blocks of code that are #ifdef on
Solaris.   Sorry about that slip up.

Re: [Bacula-users] Beta release 7.9.2

I have just pushed several fixes for Solaris to the www.bacula.org repo
-- Branch-7.9

1. Fix the missing semi-colon

2. Remove vestiges of crc32_bad, which is not needed and should not be used.

3. I have also included several other patches ...

On 06/07/2017 10:32 AM, Daniel Heitepriem wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I can second this error for Solaris 11.3 x64 using GCC 4.8. The
> "bsys.c" error can be solved by adding the missing semicolon in file
> "bacula-7.9.2/src/lib/bsys.c" line 1218.
>
> Best regards,
> Daniel Heitepriem
>
> Am 07.06.17 um 10:12 schrieb Kern Sibbald:
>> Hello,
>>

>> On 06/07/2017 09:52 AM, Gary R. Schmidt wrote:
>>> Trying to build on Solaris 10 x64, using GCC 5.2.0.
>>>
>>> As expected:
>>> Compiling bsys.c
>>> bsys.c: In function 'int baccept(int, sockaddr*, socklen_t*)':
>>> bsys.c:1219:7: error: expected ',' or ';' before 'if'
>>>        if (fcntl(fd, F_SETFD, fcntl(fd, F_GETFD) | FD_CLOEXEC) < 0) {
>>> ^
>>
>> Well, I really do not like seeing an fnctl as an argument to fnctl as
>> it makes it harder to read (you might guess that I am not the author
>> of that code).
>> However, I don't immediately see the problem.  Could you be more
>> explict?
>>

>>> Fix, and continue:
>>>         Linking bacula-sd ...
>>>         .../BETA/bacula-7.9.2/libtool --silent --tag=CXX --mode=link
>>> /opt/csw/bin/g++  -Lpath_to_mysql/lib/mysql
>>> -Rpath_to_mysql/lib/mysql -L/opt/csw/lib -R/opt/csw/lib -L. -L../lib
>>> -o bacula-sd stored.o append.o authenticate.o dircmd.o fd_cmds.o
>>> job.o hello.o status.o vbackup.o stored_conf.o global.o -lz \
>>>                 -lbacsd -lbaccfg -lbac -lm  -lpthread -lresolv -lnsl
>>> -lsocket -lxnet  -lintl -lresolv -lrt  \
>>>                 /opt/csw/lib/libintl.so -R/opt/csw/lib -lssl -lcrypto
>>>         ld: warning: file /opt/csw/lib/libintl.so: attempted
>>> multiple inclusion of file
>>>         ld: warning: file /opt/csw/lib/libstdc++.so: attempted
>>> multiple inclusion of file
>>>         Undefined                       first referenced
>>>         symbol                             in file
>>>         bcrc32_bad(unsigned char*, int)
>>> /home/garys/src/bacula/BETA/bacula-7.9.2/src/stored/.libs/libbacsd.so
>>>         ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to
>>> .libs/bacula-sd
>>>
>>> Interesting, bcrc32_bad is in ./src/lib/protos.h, but not defined
>>> anywhere.
>>
>> This is probably a piece pulled in from the Enterprise version that I
>> failed to notice.
>> Unfortunately, bcrc32_bad is referenced in src/stored/block_util.c,
>> but only for Solaris.  I did not include the source for bcrc32_bad,
>> because I thought it was not needed/used.  I will have to check with
>> the author of the code. For the current time, if you want to build
>> and link correctly, I recommend deleting the blocks of code that are
>> #ifdef on Solaris.   Sorry about that slip up.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Kern

Re: [Bacula-users] Beta release 7.9.2

Kern Sibbald
Hello Daniel,

Great!  Thanks for the really fast testing :-)

On 06/07/2017 11:02 AM, Daniel Heitepriem wrote:

> Hi,
>
> with these changes version 7.9 can be successfully compiled on Solaris
> 11 x64 using GCC.
>
> @Gary R. Schmidt: It should now also work on Solaris 10 but I will
> check it also.
>
> Best regards,
> Daniel
>
> Am 07.06.17 um 10:45 schrieb Kern Sibbald:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have just pushed several fixes for Solaris to the www.bacula.org
>> repo -- Branch-7.9
>>
>> 1. Fix the missing semi-colon
>>
>> 2. Remove vestiges of crc32_bad, which is not needed and should not
>> be used.
>>
>> 3. I have also included several other patches ...
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Kern
>>

>> On 06/07/2017 10:32 AM, Daniel Heitepriem wrote:
>>> Hi everyone,
>>>
>>> I can second this error for Solaris 11.3 x64 using GCC 4.8. The
>>> "bsys.c" error can be solved by adding the missing semicolon in file
>>> "bacula-7.9.2/src/lib/bsys.c" line 1218.
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>> Daniel Heitepriem

Re: Beta release 7.9.2

Gary R. Schmidt-3
On 07/06/2017 17:59, Kern Sibbald wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Bacula does not require g++ to build, but you may need to adjust
> things.  For example, on FreeBSD Bacula is built with clang.  On Solaris
> you can use the Solaris compiler.  I don't know what Developer Studio
> is, so I cannot say.  However, you will need to have GNU tools installed.
Oracle Developer Studio is the current name for the Solaris Compiler
suite, what used to be Sun Studio, and before that Workshop and so on.

I will pull down 7.9.3 and see how that goes.

        Cheers,
                Gary B-)

Re: Beta release 7.9.2

Gary R. Schmidt-3
On 07/06/2017 20:43, Gary R. Schmidt wrote:

> On 07/06/2017 17:59, Kern Sibbald wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Bacula does not require g++ to build, but you may need to adjust
>> things.  For example, on FreeBSD Bacula is built with clang.  On
>> Solaris you can use the Solaris compiler.  I don't know what Developer
>> Studio is, so I cannot say.  However, you will need to have GNU tools
>> installed.
> Oracle Developer Studio is the current name for the Solaris Compiler
> suite, what used to be Sun Studio, and before that Workshop and so on.
>
> I will pull down 7.9.3 and see how that goes.

After manually correcting the lz4.c file to use pack(1)/pack(), 7.9.3
builds on Solaris 10 x64, using Developer Studio 12.3.

I will look into running the regression tests, but I need to make a
separate database first.  (And steal some time!)

        Cheers,
                Gary B-)