Can't configure bacula

Richard White
I just downloaded bacula and am following the directions to install it on a SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (hereinafter "SLES") machine. I elected to use SQLite, so I downloaded the depgks. My directories look like this:

/root
  bacula-1.36.3
  depgks

I ran make in the depkgs directory and got no errors. Then I run configure in the bacula-1.36.3 directory, but get errors as follows:

If I run

./configure
or
./configure --with-SQLite

the last lines output to the console look like this:

You have not specified either --enable-client-only or one of the supported databases: MySQL, PostreSQL, or SQLite.
This is not permitted. Please reconfigure.

If I run

./configure --with-sqlite

the last lines look like this:

checking for PostgreSQL support... no
checking for MySQL support... checking for SQLite support... no
configure: error: Unable to find sqlite.h in standard locations

I'm real eager to try this product; I'm just a little out of my element troubleshooting this kind of thing.

Tks n rgds,
Richard White CNE6
Network Engineer
Mason County, Washington
360-427-5501

Re: Can't configure bacula

Alan Brown
On Thu, 26 May 2005, Richard White wrote:

> I just downloaded bacula and am following the directions to install it
> on a SUSE Linux Enterprise Server (hereinafter "SLES") machine. I
> elected to use SQLite, so I downloaded the depgks. My directories look
> like this:

That had better be SLES9

SLES8 is awkward to work with due to mismatched shared/static libraries,
particularly when it comes to Postgres.

AB