Content Search by zgrep in a backup file

Content Search by zgrep in a backup file

Luis Gonzalez
Hi, how is it possible to search a text string in a volume file backup ?

I am using linux and try to use zgrep/grep but not working when i used gzip compression.

Somebody could help me

Thank you

--
Luis Gonzalez
Guatemala

Re: Content Search by zgrep in a backup file

Heitor Faria
Holla, Luis,

Puedes usar grep en la salida del comando bls (shell).

Regards,

Enviado do meu Telefone LG

Re: Content Search by zgrep in a backup file

Heitor Faria
Just in time, I think you won't be able to search the text contents of the volume unless you uncompress it.
With bls you can grep only the file names and other metadata, similar with:
echo "list files jobid"xx | bconsole | grep...
Perhaps you can delploy a script to grep the output of bextract colume restore.

Ps.: sorry for trying to first reply in spanish. This question was also posted in the es list.

Regards,

Enviado do meu Telefone LG