Dell DLT 7000 Changer

Stephan Wendl

Hi,

just wanted to see if any has successfully used a DLT7000 in a DELL 7 slot
changer.

the unit responds to reading and writing on /dev/st0, tapeinfo on sg3
gives this output:

[root@iss1 bacula]# tapeinfo -f /dev/sg3
Product Type: Tape Drive
Vendor ID: 'QUANTUM '
Product ID: 'DLT7000         '
Revision: '172D'
Attached Changer: No
SerialNumber: 'CX839S0627'
MinBlock:1
MaxBlock:16777215
SCSI ID: 6
SCSI LUN: 0
Ready: no

any mtx commands seem to fail. looks like the tape is responding on the
sg3 channel rather than the controller.

[root@iss1 bacula]# ./mtx-changer /dev/sg3 list /dev/nst0 0
mtx: Request Sense: 70 00 02 00 00 00 00 16 00 00 00 00 04 00 00 00 00 00
00 00
READ ELEMENT STATUS Command Failed
[root@iss1 bacula]# mtx -f /dev/sg3 status
mtx: Request Sense: 70 00 02 00 00 00 00 16 00 00 00 00 04 00 00 00 00 00
00 00
READ ELEMENT STATUS Command Failed
[root@iss1 bacula]# mtx -f /dev/sg3 eject

I do have 3ware raid controllers, scisi IDE-cdrom emulation on this
machine and use the aic7xxx driver for the adaptec 2944 differential scsi
controller. Anything I might be overlooking?

-sww
--
No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message, however a large
number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced.

--
No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message, however a large
number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced.

--
No trees were harmed in the transmission of this message, however a large
number of electrons were seriously inconvenienced.

Re: Dell DLT 7000 Changer

jeff@bofus.org
It looks like you are using the wrong device.  try checking to see which
generic (sg) device is the Medium changer.  It is usually a separate
device from the tape drive.
See below, my changer is sg1 and the tape is sg0.

-JPH

[root@kninfratemp ~]# tapeinfo -f /dev/sg1
Product Type: Medium Changer
Vendor ID: 'STK     '