Error with signature for bacula-7.4.4.tar.gz file in sourceforge

Error with signature for bacula-7.4.4.tar.gz file in sourceforge

Adolf Belka-2
Hi,

I downloaded the bacula-7.4.4,tar.gz and bacula-7.4.4.tar.gz.sig files
from sourceforge but when I checked the signature out it came back as bad.

All other files I have checked in the folder all came back good with the
signature check.

I noticed that the bacula-7.4.4.tar.gz had been modified on 2016-09-29
while all the other files including bacula-7.4.4.tar.gz.sig had
modification dates of 2016-09-21.  Would this date difference be causing
the bad signature result.  If yes, can someone update the signature file
on sourceforge.  If no, what could be wrong.

Adolf Belka

Re: Error with signature for bacula-7.4.4.tar.gz file in sourceforge

Adolf Belka-2
Hi All,

Can anyone help on this.  The bacula-7.4.4.tar.gz file still has a
modification date after the signature file so still getting a bad
signature result from it.

I suspect the file is probably OK but the whole point of doing the
signature check is to get confirmation that the file on the website
hasn't been messed about with.

Looking in the git repository then there was a modification made on 29th
Sep 2016 to Tweak correct LSMDATE typo.  Maybe this was done and the
signature file not updated.

If this question is going to the wrong mailing list please let me know.
I couldn't find any other list that looked more correct as this doesn't
seem to fit in the Bugs category.

Adolf.

On 21/11/16 13:07, Adolf Belka wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I downloaded the bacula-7.4.4,tar.gz and bacula-7.4.4.tar.gz.sig files
> from sourceforge but when I checked the signature out it came back as bad.
>
> All other files I have checked in the folder all came back good with the
> signature check.
>
> I noticed that the bacula-7.4.4.tar.gz had been modified on 2016-09-29
> while all the other files including bacula-7.4.4.tar.gz.sig had
> modification dates of 2016-09-21.  Would this date difference be causing
> the bad signature result.  If yes, can someone update the signature file
> on sourceforge.  If no, what could be wrong.
>
> Adolf Belka

Re: Error with signature for bacula-7.4.4.tar.gz file in sourceforge

Daniel Heitepriem-2
Hi Adolf,

I can offer you the md5sum of the tar.gz file so you can compare it to yours using md5sum-command:
-bash-4.1$ md5sum bacula-7.4.4.tar.gz
aed11c1eef1198ffc76c6fca55cea3ad  bacula-7.4.4.tar.gz

Best regards,
Daniel

Am 26.11.2016 um 11:30 schrieb Adolf Belka:
[...]

Yes, I did update the binary since the version had an annoying typo in
it, and as you found out, I forgot to release a new signature file.
Sorry for the inconvenience. I am really please to see people checking
it.  Please continue to do so.  I have now updated the source code
signature file.  Please let me know if the signature file does not
correspond to the current source code (I have double checked it, but ...).

On 11/26/2016 11:30 AM, Adolf Belka wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Can anyone help on this.  The bacula-7.4.4.tar.gz file still has a
> modification date after the signature file so still getting a bad
> signature result from it.
>
> I suspect the file is probably OK but the whole point of doing the
> signature check is to get confirmation that the file on the website
> hasn't been messed about with.
>
> Looking in the git repository then there was a modification made on 29th
> Sep 2016 to Tweak correct LSMDATE typo.  Maybe this was done and the
> signature file not updated.
>
> If this question is going to the wrong mailing list please let me know.
> I couldn't find any other list that looked more correct as this doesn't
> seem to fit in the Bugs category.
>
> Adolf.
>
> On 21/11/16 13:07, Adolf Belka wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I downloaded the bacula-7.4.4,tar.gz and bacula-7.4.4.tar.gz.sig files
>> from sourceforge but when I checked the signature out it came back as bad.
>>
>> All other files I have checked in the folder all came back good with the
>> signature check.
>>
>> I noticed that the bacula-7.4.4.tar.gz had been modified on 2016-09-29
>> while all the other files including bacula-7.4.4.tar.gz.sig had
>> modification dates of 2016-09-21.  Would this date difference be causing
>> the bad signature result.  If yes, can someone update the signature file
>> on sourceforge.  If no, what could be wrong.
>>
>> Adolf Belka

Re: Error with signature for bacula-7.4.4.tar.gz file in sourceforge

Adolf Belka-2
Hi Kern,

Thanks very much.  At the moment the Sourceforge site still shows the
sig file as the old date and it still comes up as a Bad signature (fresh
download of both files).  I also cleared the cache in my browser in case
that was causing a problem but no change.
Not sure if there is a delay before new uploaded files are visible on
Sourceforge.  Will check later today or tomorrow morning.

Regards Adolf

On 26/11/16 16:04, Kern Sibbald wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Yes, I did update the binary since the version had an annoying typo in
> it, and as you found out, I forgot to release a new signature file.
> Sorry for the inconvenience. I am really please to see people checking
> it.  Please continue to do so.  I have now updated the source code
> signature file.  Please let me know if the signature file does not
> correspond to the current source code (I have double checked it, but ...).
>
> Best regards,
> Kern
>
> On 11/26/2016 11:30 AM, Adolf Belka wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> Can anyone help on this.  The bacula-7.4.4.tar.gz file still has a
>> modification date after the signature file so still getting a bad
>> signature result from it.
>>
>> I suspect the file is probably OK but the whole point of doing the
>> signature check is to get confirmation that the file on the website
>> hasn't been messed about with.
>>
>> Looking in the git repository then there was a modification made on 29th
>> Sep 2016 to Tweak correct LSMDATE typo.  Maybe this was done and the
>> signature file not updated.
>>
>> If this question is going to the wrong mailing list please let me know.
>> I couldn't find any other list that looked more correct as this doesn't
>> seem to fit in the Bugs category.
>>
>> Adolf.
>>
>> On 21/11/16 13:07, Adolf Belka wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I downloaded the bacula-7.4.4,tar.gz and bacula-7.4.4.tar.gz.sig files
>>> from sourceforge but when I checked the signature out it came back as
>>> bad.
>>>
>>> All other files I have checked in the folder all came back good with the
>>> signature check.
>>>
>>> I noticed that the bacula-7.4.4.tar.gz had been modified on 2016-09-29
>>> while all the other files including bacula-7.4.4.tar.gz.sig had
>>> modification dates of 2016-09-21.  Would this date difference be causing
>>> the bad signature result.  If yes, can someone update the signature file
>>> on sourceforge.  If no, what could be wrong.
>>>
>>> Adolf Belka

Re: Error with signature for bacula-7.4.4.tar.gz file in sourceforge

Kern Sibbald
Hello Adolf,

Oh, thanks for pointing this out.  I corrected the problem on the
bacula.org download, but forgot that the .sig file is also uploaded to
SourceForge, so it is still incorrect there.  I will fix it today.

On 11/26/2016 06:31 PM, Adolf Belka wrote:

> Hi Kern,
>
> Thanks very much.  At the moment the Sourceforge site still shows the
> sig file as the old date and it still comes up as a Bad signature
> (fresh download of both files).  I also cleared the cache in my
> browser in case that was causing a problem but no change.
> Not sure if there is a delay before new uploaded files are visible on
> Sourceforge.  Will check later today or tomorrow morning.
>
> Regards Adolf
>
> On 26/11/16 16:04, Kern Sibbald wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Yes, I did update the binary since the version had an annoying typo in
>> it, and as you found out, I forgot to release a new signature file.
>> Sorry for the inconvenience. I am really please to see people checking
>> it.  Please continue to do so.  I have now updated the source code
>> signature file.  Please let me know if the signature file does not
>> correspond to the current source code (I have double checked it, but
>> ...).
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Kern
>>
>> On 11/26/2016 11:30 AM, Adolf Belka wrote:
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> Can anyone help on this.  The bacula-7.4.4.tar.gz file still has a
>>> modification date after the signature file so still getting a bad
>>> signature result from it.
>>>
>>> I suspect the file is probably OK but the whole point of doing the
>>> signature check is to get confirmation that the file on the website
>>> hasn't been messed about with.
>>>
>>> Looking in the git repository then there was a modification made on
>>> 29th
>>> Sep 2016 to Tweak correct LSMDATE typo.  Maybe this was done and the
>>> signature file not updated.
>>>
>>> If this question is going to the wrong mailing list please let me know.
>>> I couldn't find any other list that looked more correct as this doesn't
>>> seem to fit in the Bugs category.
>>>
>>> Adolf.

Re: Error with signature for bacula-7.4.4.tar.gz file in sourceforge

The new signature file should now be loaded on Source Forge.

Thanks for informing me about this.