FileSet chapter missing in PDF manual

Lars Köller

Hi,

I try to get the description for the new FileSet (WildDir, etc.) out
of the manual, but had no luck.

In the PDF manual included in bacula-doc-1.36.3.tar.gz and the pdf
from the bacula web site this chapter is missing.

However I found it in the html-manual. Is it possibe to fix this?
I and also a lot of other people wil have to look into for convert there
"old style" filset definitions which are no longer supported.

Thanks an regards

Lars

--
Lars Köller
EMail: [hidden email] ([hidden email])

Re: FileSet chapter missing in PDF manual

Kern Sibbald
Hello Lars,

Thanks for the FreeBSD port.

On Sunday 15 May 2005 21:14, Lars Köller wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I try to get the description for the new FileSet (WildDir, etc.) out
> of the manual, but had no luck.
>
> In the PDF manual included in bacula-doc-1.36.3.tar.gz and the pdf
> from the bacula web site this chapter is missing.
>
> However I found it in the html-manual. Is it possibe to fix this?
> I and also a lot of other people wil have to look into for convert there
> "old style" filset definitions which are no longer supported.

Yes, I have seen this -- there is a bug report on it.  Apparently the code
that converts LaTeX into pdf does not know about includes within includes.
Since Karl is on vacation for a couple more days, the fix won't be immediate,
but we will fix it one way or another ...

  (">
  /\
  V_V

Re: FileSet chapter missing in PDF manual

Hello Lars,

On Sunday 15 May 2005 21:14, Lars Köller wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I try to get the description for the new FileSet (WildDir, etc.) out
> of the manual, but had no luck.
>
> In the PDF manual included in bacula-doc-1.36.3.tar.gz and the pdf
> from the bacula web site this chapter is missing.
>
> However I found it in the html-manual. Is it possibe to fix this?
> I and also a lot of other people wil have to look into for convert there
> "old style" filset definitions which are no longer supported.

I believe that I have now fixed this problem by changing the nested \include
to a \input.  I've loaded the updated 1.36.3 manual on the Web site.
However, for the FileSet command, you might use the development manual (1.37)
because if I am not mistaken, I have added some documentation on the new
features, which were not documented in 1.36.3.

  (">
  /\
  V_V

Re: FileSet chapter missing in PDF manual

Lars Köller

Hi Kern,

> Hello Lars,
>
> On Sunday 15 May 2005 21:14, Lars Köller wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I try to get the description for the new FileSet (WildDir, etc.) out
>> of the manual, but had no luck.
>>
>> In the PDF manual included in bacula-doc-1.36.3.tar.gz and the pdf
>> from the bacula web site this chapter is missing.
>>
>> However I found it in the html-manual. Is it possibe to fix this?
>> I and also a lot of other people wil have to look into for convert there
>> "old style" filset definitions which are no longer supported.
>
> I believe that I have now fixed this problem by changing the nested
> \include
> to a \input.  I've loaded the updated 1.36.3 manual on the Web site.
> However, for the FileSet command, you might use the development manual
> (1.37)
> because if I am not mistaken, I have added some documentation on the new
> features, which were not documented in 1.36.3.

fine! I will have a look at it.