How to install latest bacula-client on Centos 6.7 and 7

How to install latest bacula-client on Centos 6.7 and 7

Petar Kozić
Hi folks,

I have one question. Does anyone know where can I find Centos 6.7 and Centos 7 repo for latest versions of bacula-client.
I can’t build client on all my instances and development tools for build is need much space on disk.

Or maybe someone have some advice for installation.

Thank you.

Petar Kozić

Re: How to install latest bacula-client on Centos 6.7 and 7

Brady, Mike

https://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/slaanesh/bacula7/

Re: How to install latest bacula-client on Centos 6.7 and 7

Josip Deanovic
On Friday 2017-03-10 05:49:26 Brady, Mike wrote:
> https://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/slaanesh/bacula7/

I believe that only bacula 7.0.4 is available there and the current
version is 7.4.5 (almost three years newer).

Regards

--
Josip Deanovic

Re: How to install latest bacula-client on Centos 6.7 and 7

Brady, Mike
Oops, sorry, cut and pasted the wrong link.

https://copr-be.cloud.fedoraproject.org/results/slaanesh/Bacula/

On 2017-03-10 08:05, Josip Deanovic wrote:
> On Friday 2017-03-10 05:49:26 Brady, Mike wrote:
>> https://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/slaanesh/bacula7/
>
> I believe that only bacula 7.0.4 is available there and the current
> version is 7.4.5 (almost three years newer).
>

> Regards

Re: How to install latest bacula-client on Centos 6.7 and 7

Uwe Schuerkamp
On Thu, Mar 09, 2017 at 10:59:26AM -0500, Petar Kozić wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I have one question. Does anyone know where can I find Centos 6.7 and
> Centos 7 repo for latest versions of bacula-client.
> I can’t build client on all my instances and development tools for build is
> need much space on disk.
>
> Or maybe someone have some advice for installation.
>
> Thank you.

Hello Petar,

if you have a lot of identical centos machines you can use one which
has the dev tools to build the binary (prefix /usr/local, say,
--enable-client-only) and then create a tar archive and copy that over
to your clients (or go the whole nine yards and build an RPM).

All the best, Uwe

> *—*
>
> *Petar Kozić*

Uwe Schürkamp | email: <[hidden email]>
Senior Service Manager | Phone: [+49] 5241 - 80 82 423
Arvato Systems S4M GmbH | Sitz Köln | Amtsgericht Köln HRB 27038
Geschäftsführer: Ralf Schürmann | Dr. Manfred Heinen

Re: How to install latest bacula-client on Centos 6.7 and 7

I have promised to have Bacula project binaries built for quite some
time now (embarrassing that it is not yet a reality), but I am 99% sure
that within a month we will be able to provide the first binaries.  They
will probably be for RedHat (CentOS), Ubuntu, and SuSE.  The
repositories should come shortly after the binaries, then over time, we
will build more and more binaries.