MariaDB vs. MySQL

Hicks, Daniel CTR OSD DMEA

Hello all

I started using Bacula with 7 and it looked for MariaDB during the installation, using the CentOS 7 rpms. When I went to 7.4.7 I had to compile from source and was only able to get MySQL to work.

My question is this, is there a way to get the 7.4.7 version to work with MariaDB? Or is there a newer version that works better with MariaDB? Is there a version that might have the database pre-compiled / built in?

Thank you

Daniel Hicks

Senior Systems Analyst

Defense Microelectronics Activity (DMEA)

smime.p7s (7K) Download Attachment

Re: MariaDB vs. MySQL

Phil Stracchino-2
On 06/29/17 09:49, Hicks, Daniel CTR OSD DMEA wrote:

> Hello all
>
> I started using Bacula with 7 and it looked for MariaDB during the
> installation, using the CentOS 7 rpms. When I went to 7.4.7 I had to
> compile from source and was only able to get MySQL to work.
>
> My question is this, is there a way to get the 7.4.7 version to work
> with MariaDB? Or is there a newer version that works better with
> MariaDB? Is there a version that might have the database pre-compiled /
> built in?

I can think of no good reason why you would run into this problem.  Can
you provide a bit more detail?  To start with, what version of MySQL
worked, and what version of MariaDB did NOT work?  In each case, which
MySQL or MariaDB packages did you have installed?

--
  Phil Stracchino
  Babylon Communications

Re: MariaDB vs. MySQL

Darold Lucus
Use PostGreSQL, dont mess around with MySQL it is slow.

Sincerely,

Darold Lucus

cid:image002.png@01D06336.119F49E0

=====================
LAN Administrator

EMAC, Inc

618-529-4525 EXT:370

www.emacinc.com

=====================

This message is confidential. It may also be privileged or otherwise protected by work product immunity or other legal rules. If you have received it by mistake, please let us know by e-mail reply and delete it from your system; you may not copy this message or disclose its contents to anyone.

On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 8:49 AM, Hicks, Daniel CTR OSD DMEA <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello all

I started using Bacula with 7 and it looked for MariaDB during the installation, using the CentOS 7 rpms. When I went to 7.4.7 I had to compile from source and was only able to get MySQL to work.

My question is this, is there a way to get the 7.4.7 version to work with MariaDB? Or is there a newer version that works better with MariaDB? Is there a version that might have the database pre-compiled / built in?

Thank you

Daniel Hicks

Senior Systems Analyst

Defense Microelectronics Activity (DMEA)

Re: MariaDB vs. MySQL

Simone Caronni-2

I'm the Fedora maintainer.

On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 3:49 PM, Hicks, Daniel CTR OSD DMEA <[hidden email]> wrote:

I started using Bacula with 7 and it looked for MariaDB during the installation, using the CentOS 7 rpms. When I went to 7.4.7 I had to compile from source and was only able to get MySQL to work.

The Fedora prebuilt packages work fine with MariaDB on all Fedora/CentOS/RHEL releases. Please look here:

You can also upgrade straight from the CentOS/RHEL rpms, just read the documents.

Regards,
--Simone

--
You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore (R. W. Emerson).

http://xkcd.com/229/
http://negativo17.org/