Problem drive Index 0

Jose Alberto
Hello.  Sorry for my English.

I have tape lto6  hp msl 4048 with 2 Drive.

Drive0   index 0   /dev/nst0

Drive1   index 1   /dev/nst1

This conection is direct to servers.  2 cable and 2 port fiber optic in servers. (point to point)

The Drive0  is bad,  dead.  no read and no write.

Case:

1) On Drive1 mount tape (example:  tape0012) ,  and backup good.   BUT when restore older Tape (example tape0007),  I umount tape (tape0012)  of Drive1 actually and Mount Tape older (tape0007) for backup on Drive1.  BUT run restore Bacula unload tape0007 of  drive1  and  load tape0007 on Drive0....... minutes.... error.

Why Bacula Unload tape Drive1 for mount Drive0?????????   yet tape0007 on Drive1.  Bac

2) I Test,  disable Drive (comment un sd.conf),  change index, etc etc. But no work.

The backup all running OK.  un Drive1.

But Restore, mount the tape Drive1,  but Bacula  unload drive1 ..... and load tape on drive0.

Drive0 dead.

--
#############################
#   Sistema Operativo: Debian      #

Re: Problem drive Index 0

Ana Emília M. Arruda
Hello Jose Alberto,

Could you please send to us the configuration used for both tape drives you have in the bacula-sd configuration files?

It seems to me you have different devices configured with different mefia types in this case. Bacula "ties" volumes to devices through media types.

It would also help us to understand this behavior if you voild also send the output of a "list media" command.

If you have different media types configured for these tape drives, it will not be possible to use the tapes interchangebly unless we do some modifications regarding the media types in catalog.

Best regards,
Ana

El 11 jul. 2017 1:53, "Jose Alberto" <[hidden email]> escribió:
[...]

Thanks Ana for your Helping.

I solve  add:

Autoselect = no

On configuration Devices that is bad.