Regressions in 7.0.0

Simone Caronni-2
Hello,

the nagios plugin (which I always heavily used) and QT tray monitor do not build anymore in version 7.0.0. I was about to open a bug for it, but there is no version 7.0.0 to open bugs against in Mantis. Even version 5.2.13 is missing.

Also, some of the bugs opened for version 5.x still sit there untouched.

Is it still the preferred way to report bugs or there is an overhaul pending as it has happened for the website?

Regards,
--Simone

--
You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore (R. W. Emerson).

http://xkcd.com/229/
http://negativo17.org/

Re: Regressions in 7.0.0

Kern Sibbald
Hello again,

Hmm. There were just too many changes so it seems a number were missed :-(

OK, you should now be able to select version 7.0.0

Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for signaling it.

On 03/30/2014 12:43 PM, Simone Caronni wrote:
Hello,

the nagios plugin (which I always heavily used) and QT tray monitor do not build anymore in version 7.0.0. I was about to open a bug for it, but there is no version 7.0.0 to open bugs against in Mantis. Even version 5.2.13 is missing.

Also, some of the bugs opened for version 5.x still sit there untouched.

Is it still the preferred way to report bugs or there is an overhaul pending as it has happened for the website?

Regards,
--Simone

--
You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore (R. W. Emerson).

http://xkcd.com/229/
http://negativo17.org/

Re: Regressions in 7.0.0

Kern Sibbald
Oops, I missed your previous comment about version 5.2.13 missing.

What do you mean when you say that 5.2.13 is missing?

Release 5.2.13 is in Branch-5.2.

If you look at master, you may not find it.  We no longer use branch "master" in the Bacula project.

On 30 March 2014 12:58, Kern Sibbald <[hidden email]> wrote:
Oops, I missed your previous comment about version 5.2.13 missing.

What do you mean when you say that 5.2.13 is missing?

I was referring to Mantis as well for opening bugs against. But now I see it.

Thanks,
--Simone

--
You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore (R. W. Emerson).

http://xkcd.com/229/
http://negativo17.org/

Re: Regressions in 7.0.0

Simone Caronni-2
Sorry to bother again, but I can't see anymore in Mantis open bugs with the "acknowledged" status. On all the views I can only see newly opened bugs.

The following can only be spotted by going directly to the specific bug page:
Maybe this is the reason why they were missed in the 7.0.0 release (just guessing).
Would be nice to have the option to edit tags already attached to the bugs, for example changing version from 5.2.13 to 7.0.0.

Thanks,
--Simone

--
You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore (R. W. Emerson).

http://xkcd.com/229/
http://negativo17.org/

Re: Regressions in 7.0.0

Kern Sibbald
Hello Simone,

As far as I can tell, everything is completely normal.  The status shows
up as "New" until a developer changes it.  I took a look at your two bug
reports and in doing so changed the status to "Acknowledged" because it
is clear from the changes we made in the source what the problem is.

I am not sure if submitters can change the version, but you can try, you
can put a little note in the bug report and we will do it for you.  I
think there is an "other" option for the version which will catch our
attention.

Thanks for jumping on the new release so quickly.

On 03/30/2014 03:18 PM, Simone Caronni wrote:

> Sorry to bother again, but I can't see anymore in Mantis open bugs
> with the "acknowledged" status. On all the views I can only see newly
> opened bugs.
>
> The following can only be spotted by going directly to the specific
> bug page:
>
> http://bugs.bacula.org/view.php?id=2006
> http://bugs.bacula.org/view.php?id=2007
>
> Maybe this is the reason why they were missed in the 7.0.0 release
> (just guessing).
> Would be nice to have the option to edit tags already attached to the
> bugs, for example changing version from 5.2.13 to 7.0.0.
>
> Thanks,
> --Simone
>

> --
> You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose
> sight of the shore (R. W. Emerson).
>
> http://xkcd.com/229/
> http://negativo17.org/

Re: Regressions in 7.0.0

Hello Simone,

I have pushed several patches into the git repo that should fix the
bsock problems.  However, since I have not recompiled any of the files
involved, there is *very* likely to be some sort of a typo or an
omission on my part.  I "fixed" both the Qt tray-monitor code and the
nagios code.

On 03/30/2014 03:18 PM, Simone Caronni wrote:

> Sorry to bother again, but I can't see anymore in Mantis open bugs
> with the "acknowledged" status. On all the views I can only see newly
> opened bugs.
>
> The following can only be spotted by going directly to the specific
> bug page:
>
> http://bugs.bacula.org/view.php?id=2006
> http://bugs.bacula.org/view.php?id=2007
>
> Maybe this is the reason why they were missed in the 7.0.0 release
> (just guessing).
> Would be nice to have the option to edit tags already attached to the
> bugs, for example changing version from 5.2.13 to 7.0.0.
>
> Thanks,
> --Simone
>

> --
> You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose
> sight of the shore (R. W. Emerson).
>
> http://xkcd.com/229/
> http://negativo17.org/

Re: Regressions in 7.0.0

Simone Caronni-2
On 30 March 2014 16:05, Kern Sibbald <[hidden email]> wrote:
I have pushed several patches into the git repo that should fix the
bsock problems.  However, since I have not recompiled any of the files
involved, there is *very* likely to be some sort of a typo or an
omission on my part.  I "fixed" both the Qt tray-monitor code and the
nagios code.

Thank you very much for this sunday bugfixing session, really awesome!

Regards,
--Simone

--
You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore (R. W. Emerson).

http://xkcd.com/229/
http://negativo17.org/

Re: Regressions in 7.0.0

Kern Sibbald
Hello Simone,

Yes, thanks to you too :-)  Most of these things I should have caught before the release so thanks for helping.  I will probably release a 7.0.1 tonight or tomorrow so that people can work from a clean tar.gz.

I imagine you saw that I did one more set of changes to the tray-monitor.cpp program. It tests a bit better before creating a new socket.