Release 9.0. 0 - Suse - ACL Error

Mick

Hi,

I have been using Bacula for several years and have been able to compile successfully before but since 7.4.7 I have been getting an error when I run configure which causes make to fail.

---------------------------------

Error Message

In file included from xacl.c:1306:0:

xacl_linux.h:37:2: error: #error "configure failed to detect availability of sys/acl.h"

#error "configure failed to detect availability of sys/acl.h"

--------------------------------------

OS: openSUSE Leap 42.1 (x86_64)

Packages installed:

acl

libacl-devel

libacl-devel-32bit

libacl1

libacl1-32bit

-----------------------------------

I use the following to compile:

#!/bin/bash

CFLAGS="-g -O2" \

./configure \

--sbindir=/etc/bacula/bin \

--sysconfdir=/etc/bacula/bin \

--with-pid-dir=/etc/bacula/bin/working \

--with-subsys-dir=/etc/bacula/bin/working \

--enable-smartalloc \

--with-mysql \

--with-working-dir=/etc/bacula/bin/working \

--with-dump-email=root \

--with-job-email=root \

--with-smtp-host=localhost \

--with-dir-password=mik \

--with-fd-password=mik \

--with-sd-password=mik \

--with-systemd \

--disable-acl \

--disable-xattr

------------------------

The acl.h file exists on the system

/usr/include/sys/acl.h -------------------------------

I am getting similar errors with XATTR

-----------------------------------

I'd love to work out what is wrong but I'd be happy if I could just compile without ACL/XATTR support. I've searched for help but all I could find was some comments about altering some files after running config however I couldn't find any specific details (e.g. which files and what do you do with them).

Any help would be appreciated however I am not a C programmer so please keep it simple.

Thanks

Re: Release 9.0. 0 - Suse - ACL Error

Mick
Hi,

Thanks for your quick response.

I removed the 32 bit packages and re-tried but got the same error.

I'll file this as a bug later today.

Regards

On 13/07/17 17:58, Kern Sibbald wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Would you try removing the two 32 bit libraries and see if that fixes
> the problem?
>
> If that does not fix the problem would you please file a bug report on
> this? I agree with you that one should either be able to build
> correctly with acl support or turn it off. At a quick look it looks
> like the code requires acl support, and if that is the case, it is a bug.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Kern
>

> On 07/12/2017 09:53 PM, Mick wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have been using Bacula for several years and have been able to
>> compile successfully before but since 7.4.7 I have been getting an
>> error when I run configure which causes make to fail.
>>
>> ---------------------------------
>>
>> Error Message
>>
>> In file included from xacl.c:1306:0:
>>
>> xacl_linux.h:37:2: error: #error "configure failed to detect
>> availability of sys/acl.h"
>>
>> #error "configure failed to detect availability of sys/acl.h"
>>
>> --------------------------------------
>>
>> OS: openSUSE Leap 42.1 (x86_64)

>> Packages installed:
>>
>> acl
>>
>> libacl-devel
>>
>> libacl-devel-32bit
>>
>> libacl1
>>
>> libacl1-32bit
>>
>> -----------------------------------
>>
>> I use the following to compile:
>>
>> #!/bin/bash
>>
>> CFLAGS="-g -O2" \
>>
>> ./configure \
>>
>> --sbindir=/etc/bacula/bin \
>>
>> --sysconfdir=/etc/bacula/bin \
>>
>> --with-pid-dir=/etc/bacula/bin/working \
>>
>> --with-subsys-dir=/etc/bacula/bin/working \
>>
>> --enable-smartalloc \
>>
>> --with-mysql \
>>
>> --with-working-dir=/etc/bacula/bin/working \
>>
>> --with-dump-email=root \
>>
>> --with-job-email=root \
>>
>> --with-smtp-host=localhost \
>>
>> --with-dir-password=mik \
>>
>> --with-fd-password=mik \
>>
>> --with-sd-password=mik \
>>
>> --with-systemd \
>>
>> --disable-acl \
>>
>> --disable-xattr
>>
>> ------------------------
>>
>> The acl.h file exists on the system
>>
>> /usr/include/sys/acl.h -------------------------------
>>
>> I am getting similar errors with XATTR
>>
>> -----------------------------------
>>
>> I'd love to work out what is wrong but I'd be happy if I could just
>> compile without ACL/XATTR support. I've searched for help but all I
>> could find was some comments about altering some files after running
>> config however I couldn't find any specific details (e.g. which files
>> and what do you do with them).
>>
>> Any help would be appreciated however I am not a C programmer so
>> please keep it simple.
>>
>> Thanks

Re: Release 9.0. 0 - Suse - ACL Error

Uwe Schuerkamp
On Thu, Jul 13, 2017 at 06:40:52PM +0100, Mick wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your quick response.
>
> I removed the 32 bit packages and re-tried but got the same error.
>
> I'll file this as a bug later today.

Have you tried installing the libattr-devel files as well? Those came
up as a depency when I compiled 9.0.0 on CentOS 6.

All the best, Uwe

--
Uwe Schürkamp | email: <[hidden email]>

Re: Release 9.0. 0 - Suse - ACL Error

Mick

Hi,

I already have these 2 packages installed

libattr-devel

libattr1

I have filed this as a bug.

Regards

On 14/07/17 06:47, Uwe Schuerkamp wrote:
On Thu, Jul 13, 2017 at 06:40:52PM +0100, Mick wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for your quick response.

I removed the 32 bit packages and re-tried but got the same error.

I'll file this as a bug later today.

Have you tried installing the libattr-devel files as well? Those came
up as a depency when I compiled 9.0.0 on CentOS 6.

All the best, Uwe

--
Uwe Schürkamp | email: [hidden email]

Re: Release 9.0. 0 - Suse - ACL Error

Ralf Brinkmann
Am 12.07.2017 um 21:53 schrieb Mick:
> Error Message
> #error "configure failed to detect availability of sys/acl.h"
> OS: openSUSE Leap 42.1 (x86_64)

Just made a little test with "openSUSE 42.2 (x86_64)" that I have in a
VirtualBox for "wine" test issues.

For this test I disabled "bat" in my standard configuration.

> BASE=$(readlink -f ".")
> cd $BASE/bacula-9.0.0
> ./configure --with-mysql --enable-conio # --enable-bat
> make clean
> make

On the first runnings I got the same error.

With yast2 I had to add a compiler at first - "gcc5" - then the
"libmysqld-devel" pack and the "libacl-devel" pack
... and  succeeded finaly.

--
Ralf Brinkmann

Re: Release 9.0. 0 - Suse - ACL Error

Josip Deanovic
On Friday 2017-07-14 07:24:51 Mick wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I already have these 2 packages installed
>
> libattr-devel
>
> libattr1
>
> I have filed this as a bug.

Hi!

I didn't use SuSE for a long time but it is likely that libattr1
has a version 1.x while libattr has a version 2.x.

You need a library package and its devel package. So you need to
install libattr package and if you really need to use version 1.x
of libattr then you need to install libattr1-devel package.

Regards

--
Josip Deanovic

Re: Release 9.0. 0 - Suse - ACL Error

Mick

libmysqld-devel was the one that did it (I already had the others).

Installed the package and now compile - make - make install all OK.

Thank you very much for your help.