Restore backup to different client

Petar Kozić
I have one question.
I have about 10 linux servers in Bacula backup.

For every server I have one .conf file with define Backup, Restore and Verify Job, Schedule, FileSet etc…
For regular backup and restore everything works very well.

My question is :

Can I restore something from linux-server1.net to linux-server5.net. ?

When I try from console, I select most recent backup for linux-server1.net and mark 5 files, when I must to select restore Job resource I select linux-server5.net , but my restore was appear on source linux-server1.net

On every server FileSet is different, maybe thats problem.

I’d be grateful for an answer, because this means a lot for me.

Petar Kozić
System Administrator

Re: Restore backup to different client

Josip Deanovic
On Monday 2017-04-03 07:08:02 Petar Kozić wrote:

> I have one question.
> I have about 10 linux servers in Bacula backup.
>
> For every server I have one .conf file with define Backup, Restore and
> Verify Job, Schedule, FileSet etc…
> For regular backup and restore everything works very well.
>
> My question is :
>
> Can I restore something from linux-server1.net to linux-server5.net. ?
>
> When I try from console, I select most recent backup for
> linux-server1.net and mark 5 files, when I must to select restore Job
> resource I select linux-server5.net , but my restore was appear on
> source linux-server1.net
>
> On every server FileSet is different, maybe thats problem.
>
> I’d be grateful for an answer, because this means a lot for me.

1. run the restore command
2. chose the way you are going to use to select what needs to be
   restored
3. Chose the restore job (the server to whom this backup originally
   belongs but here you could use a target server also)
4. modify the restoration and change the restore client (chose
   the target server)

That should be it.

--
Josip Deanovic

Re: Restore backup to different client

Petar Kozić
Yes, thank you for reply. I was already give answer :)
I try this and works perfect.

Thank again, folks ! ;)

Petar Kozić
System Administrator

On April 3, 2017 at 4:55:53 PM, Josip Deanovic ([hidden email]) wrote:

On Monday 2017-04-03 07:08:02 Petar Kozić wrote:

> I have one question.
> I have about 10 linux servers in Bacula backup.
>
> For every server I have one .conf file with define Backup, Restore and
> Verify Job, Schedule, FileSet etc…
> For regular backup and restore everything works very well.
>
> My question is :
>
> Can I restore something from linux-server1.net to linux-server5.net. ?
>
> When I try from console, I select most recent backup for
> linux-server1.net and mark 5 files, when I must to select restore Job
> resource I select linux-server5.net , but my restore was appear on
> source linux-server1.net
>
> On every server FileSet is different, maybe thats problem.
>
> I’d be grateful for an answer, because this means a lot for me.

1. run the restore command
2. chose the way you are going to use to select what needs to be
restored
3. Chose the restore job (the server to whom this backup originally
belongs but here you could use a target server also)
4. modify the restoration and change the restore client (chose
the target server)

That should be it.

--
Josip Deanovic

Re: Restore backup to different client

Bill Arlofski-4
On 04/03/2017 08:08 AM, Petar Kozić wrote:

> I have one question.
> I have about 10 linux servers in Bacula backup.
>
> For every server I have one .conf file with define Backup, Restore and Verify
> Job, Schedule, FileSet etc…
> For regular backup and restore everything works very well.
>
> My question is :
>
> Can I restore something from linux-server1.net <http://linux-server1.net> to
> linux-server5.net <http://linux-server5.net>. ?
>
> When I try from console, I select most recent backup for linux-server1.net
> <http://linux-server1.net> and mark 5 files, when I must to select restore Job
> resource I select linux-server5.net <http://linux-server5.net> , but my
> restore was appear on source linux-server1.net <http://linux-server1.net>
>
> On every server FileSet is different, maybe thats problem.
>
> I’d be grateful for an answer, because this means a lot for me.

Hi Petar,

This can even be done in one step on the restore command line: (please excuse
the email wrap)

* restore jobid=xxx client=Client_A restoreclient=Client_B where=/some/path
replace=never restorejob=restoreJobName all done yes

The "all done" will simply choose all the files in the job, and the "yes" will
not stop at the summary prompt, and instead will just immediately submit the
restore job.

If you have multiple "Restore Job" resources, you might want to set this as I
have done in the command line above.

Also, if you had some Restore Jobs resources with specific things set (like
replace=never , and where=/some/path, etc), then you can omit those overrides
from the restore command line.

Hope this helps,

Bill

--