Restore - directory tree

mathieu-8
I seem to be having problems with the restore using the directory tree.
Everytime I try to restore using the directory tree, I get the following message,
for example.

Building directory tree for JobId 765 ...
1 Job, 0 files inserted into the tree.

0 files ??? impossible. I used the "Enter a list of files to restore" and Bacula
restored them from the tape without problems.
So I know that the files are correctly stored on the tape.

My guess is that something is wrong with the database.
How would I go about fixing this ?

Re: Restore - directory tree

Arno Lehmann
Hi,

Mathieu wrote:
> I seem to be having problems with the restore using the directory tree.
> Everytime I try to restore using the directory tree, I get the following message,
> for example.
>
> Building directory tree for JobId 765 ...
> 1 Job, 0 files inserted into the tree.

Is it possible that the files are already purged from the database?

> 0 files ??? impossible. I used the "Enter a list of files to restore" and Bacula
> restored them from the tape without problems.
> So I know that the files are correctly stored on the tape.

Were these files from the same jobs or from later jobs where the files
are still in the catalog?

> My guess is that something is wrong with the database.
> How would I go about fixing this ?

Check the database with the database toolset.
Check the catalog with baculas database repair and maintenance tool dbcheck.

If everything is fine, use bscan to re-import the file data from your
volumes.

And, of course, check your retention periods :-)

If the problem persists, file a bug report at bugs.bacula.org.

Arno

IT-Service Lehmann                    [hidden email]
Arno Lehmann                  http://www.its-lehmann.de