Security Center Advisory

PayPal-4
PayPal
PayPal is committed to maintaining a safe environment for its community of customers. To protect the security of your account, PayPal employs some of the most advanced security systems in the world and our anti-fraud teams regularly screen the PayPal system for unusual activity.

We are contacting you to remind you that on 19 May 2005 our Account Review Team identified some unusual activity in your account. In accordance with PayPal's User Agreement and to ensure that your account has not been compromised, access to your account was limited. Your account access will remain limited until this issue has been resolved.

To secure your account and quickly restore full access, we may require some additional information from you for the following reason:

We have been notified that a card associated with your account has been reported as lost or stolen, or that there were additional problems with your card.

This process is mandatory, and if not completed within the nearest time your account or credit card may be subject for temporary suspension.

To securely confirm your PayPal information please click on the link bellow:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_login-run

We encourage you to log in and perform the steps necessary to restore your account access as soon as possible. Allowing your account access to remain limited for an extended period of time may result in further limitations on the use of your account and possible account closure.

For more information about how to protect your account please visit PayPal Security Center. We apologize for any incovenience this may cause, and we apriciate your assistance in helping us to maintain the integrity of the entire PayPal system.

Thank you for using PayPal!
The PayPal Team

------------------------------------------------------- This SF.Net email is sponsored by Oracle Space Sweepstakes Want to be the first software developer in space? Enter now for the Oracle Space Sweepstakes! http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_id=7412&alloc_id=16344&op=click _______________________________________________ Bacula-users mailing list [hidden email] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/bacula-users

Re: Security Center Advisory

Slartibartfast-5
Guess I need to unsubscribe from the list so I'll stop getting this
spam.

On Fri, 2005-05-20 at 13:28, PayPal wrote:

>                                 PayPal
>
> PayPal is committed to maintaining a safe environment for its
> community of customers. To protect the security of your account,
> PayPal employs some of the most advanced security systems in the world
> and our anti-fraud teams regularly screen the PayPal system for
> unusual activity.
>
> We are contacting you to remind you that on 20 May 2005 our Account
> Review Team identified some unusual activity in your account. In
> accordance with PayPal's User Agreement and to ensure that your
> account has not been compromised, access to your account was limited.
> Your account access will remain limited until this issue has been
> resolved.
>
> To secure your account and quickly restore full access, we may require
> some additional information from you for the following reason:
>
> We have been notified that a card associated with your account has
> been reported as lost or stolen, or that there were additional
> problems with your card.
>

> This process is mandatory, and if not completed within the nearest
> time your account or credit card may be subject for temporary
> suspension.
>
> To securely confirm your PayPal information please click on the link
> bellow:
>

> https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_login-run
>

> We encourage you to log in and perform the steps necessary to restore
> your account access as soon as possible. Allowing your account access
> to remain limited for an extended period of time may result in further
> limitations on the use of your account and possible account closure.
>
> For more information about how to protect your account please visit
> PayPal Security Center. We apologize for any incovenience this may
> cause, and we apriciate your assistance in helping us to maintain the
> integrity of the entire PayPal system.
>

> Thank you for using PayPal!
> The PayPal Team

Re: Security Center Advisory

Jeffrey Taylor-3
You will need to unsubscribe from the Internet, disconnect your
computer from both the LAN and the AC mains, remove the hard disk, and
bury it in a ten foot deep hole backfilled with concrete to avoid this
virus's output.

Alternately, get some mail filtering.  Netscape and Mozilla both have
good learning capabilities.  Plus there is SpamAssassin, DSPAM,
CRM-114, etc.

Quoting Slartibartfast <[hidden email]>:

> Guess I need to unsubscribe from the list so I'll stop getting this
> spam.
>
> On Fri, 2005-05-20 at 13:28, PayPal wrote:
> >                                 PayPal
> >
> > PayPal is committed to maintaining a safe environment for its
> > community of customers. To protect the security of your account,
> > PayPal employs some of the most advanced security systems in the world
> > and our anti-fraud teams regularly screen the PayPal system for
> > unusual activity.
[snip]

Re: Security Center Advisory

If you haven't already unsubscribed, hand on a few more days, and we will make
hopefully all the spam go away ...

On Friday 20 May 2005 22:01, Slartibartfast wrote:

> Guess I need to unsubscribe from the list so I'll stop getting this
> spam.
>
> On Fri, 2005-05-20 at 13:28, PayPal wrote:
> >                                 PayPal
> >
> > PayPal is committed to maintaining a safe environment for its
> > community of customers. To protect the security of your account,
> > PayPal employs some of the most advanced security systems in the world
> > and our anti-fraud teams regularly screen the PayPal system for
> > unusual activity.
> >
> > We are contacting you to remind you that on 20 May 2005 our Account
> > Review Team identified some unusual activity in your account. In
> > accordance with PayPal's User Agreement and to ensure that your
> > account has not been compromised, access to your account was limited.
> > Your account access will remain limited until this issue has been
> > resolved.
> >
> > To secure your account and quickly restore full access, we may require
> > some additional information from you for the following reason:
> >
> > We have been notified that a card associated with your account has
> > been reported as lost or stolen, or that there were additional
> > problems with your card.
> >

> > This process is mandatory, and if not completed within the nearest
> > time your account or credit card may be subject for temporary
> > suspension.
> >
> > To securely confirm your PayPal information please click on the link
> > bellow:
> >

> > https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_login-run
> >

> > We encourage you to log in and perform the steps necessary to restore
> > your account access as soon as possible. Allowing your account access
> > to remain limited for an extended period of time may result in further
> > limitations on the use of your account and possible account closure.
> >
> > For more information about how to protect your account please visit
> > PayPal Security Center. We apologize for any incovenience this may
> > cause, and we apriciate your assistance in helping us to maintain the
> > integrity of the entire PayPal system.
> >

> > Thank you for using PayPal!
> > The PayPal Team

  (">