Storage daemon older that dir & some ad's - possible?

Storage daemon older that dir & some ad's - possible?

Jari Fredriksson

Can I use SD 5.x with 7.x components? I have a need for such, as I do not wish to compile.

Jari Fredriksson
Bitwell Oy
+358 400 779 440
[hidden email]
Dev: https://www.bitwell.fi
Ops: https://www.bitwell.biz

Re: Storage daemon older that dir & some ad's - possible?

Bill Arlofski-4
On 06/10/2017 09:23 AM, Jari Fredriksson wrote:

> Can I use SD 5.x with 7.x components? I have a need for such, as I do not wish
> to compile.

Hi Jari,

The SD(s) must always be the same (exact) version as the DIR.   The FD(s) can
be lower versions with the only side-effect being that they will of course not
be compatible with newer features (e.g.: SD Calls Client)

Best regards,

Bill

--
Bill Arlofski
http://www.revpol.com/bacula

Re: Storage daemon older that dir & some ad's - possible?

Wanderlei Huttel
Hello Jari

You only can use SD and DIR and FD in the same version or SD and DIR in the same version and FD in prior version.

Best Regards

Wanderlei Hüttel