Tape Backup Devices/Items for Free

Steve Quinn
Hi folks

I've managed to save a bunch of stuff from the garbage compactor at work.

I have no need for these items myself.

If you or someone in the Bacula or BSD community could use these for
production or development I would love to give them a new life.

This is what I have saved;

1 - Shurestore DAT40 Model C5687A
1 - Seagate STDL62401LW
9 - HP DDS4 40 GB Compressed
5 - Sony Cleaning Tapes DGD15CL
1 - Adaptec SCSI CARD 29160 SCSI 64-Bit Controller Card 1809606-04 LVD/SE
1 - HP Shurestore Software Diagnostics Drivers/Docs CD and paper manuals

Here's an image URL http://goo.gl/POccv9

The tape drives are used but work great.  The tapes are used but
cleaned.  The cleaning tapes are all brand new.

I expect no payment or favours, I just want to get these items into
the hands of an appreciative audience.

Delivery could be free as well as I live in Toronto and am driving to
BSDCan 2014.

Take care

Steve Quinn

Re: Tape Backup Devices/Items for Free

Dan Langille
On 2014-04-09 05:39 PM, Steve Quinn wrote:

> Hi folks
>
> I've managed to save a bunch of stuff from the garbage compactor at
> work.
>
> I have no need for these items myself.
>
> If you or someone in the Bacula or BSD community could use these for
> production or development I would love to give them a new life.
>
> This is what I have saved;
>
> 1 - Shurestore DAT40 Model C5687A
> 1 - Seagate STDL62401LW
> 9 - HP DDS4 40 GB Compressed
> 5 - Sony Cleaning Tapes DGD15CL
> 1 - Adaptec SCSI CARD 29160 SCSI 64-Bit Controller Card 1809606-04
> LVD/SE
> 1 - HP Shurestore Software Diagnostics Drivers/Docs CD and paper
> manuals
>
> Here's an image URL http://goo.gl/POccv9
>
> The tape drives are used but work great.  The tapes are used but
> cleaned.  The cleaning tapes are all brand new.
>
> I expect no payment or favours, I just want to get these items into
> the hands of an appreciative audience.
>
> Delivery could be free as well as I live in Toronto and am driving to
> BSDCan 2014.

Thank you Steve.  These kinds of donations are very helpful.

Myself, I am hoping to get hold of an LTO-3 autochanger.

--
Dan Langille - http://langille.org/

Re: Tape Backup Devices/Items for Free

Jason A. Kates
I might be able to get my hands on one this May/June.  If so I will need
your shipping info.

On Thu, 2014-04-10 at 09:16 -0400, Dan Langille wrote:

> On 2014-04-09 05:39 PM, Steve Quinn wrote:
> > Hi folks
> >
> > I've managed to save a bunch of stuff from the garbage compactor at
> > work.
> >
> > I have no need for these items myself.
> >
> > If you or someone in the Bacula or BSD community could use these for
> > production or development I would love to give them a new life.
> >
> > This is what I have saved;
> >
> > 1 - Shurestore DAT40 Model C5687A
> > 1 - Seagate STDL62401LW
> > 9 - HP DDS4 40 GB Compressed
> > 5 - Sony Cleaning Tapes DGD15CL
> > 1 - Adaptec SCSI CARD 29160 SCSI 64-Bit Controller Card 1809606-04
> > LVD/SE
> > 1 - HP Shurestore Software Diagnostics Drivers/Docs CD and paper
> > manuals
> >
> > Here's an image URL http://goo.gl/POccv9
> >
> > The tape drives are used but work great.  The tapes are used but
> > cleaned.  The cleaning tapes are all brand new.
> >
> > I expect no payment or favours, I just want to get these items into
> > the hands of an appreciative audience.
> >
> > Delivery could be free as well as I live in Toronto and am driving to
> > BSDCan 2014.
>
> Thank you Steve.  These kinds of donations are very helpful.
>
> Myself, I am hoping to get hold of an LTO-3 autochanger.

Jason A. Kates ([hidden email])
Fax:    208-975-1514
Phone:  660-960-0070

On 2014-04-10 10:56 AM, Jason A. Kates wrote:
> I might be able to get my hands on one this May/June.  If so I will
> need
> your shipping info.

I will be in Ottawa for BSDCan and PGCon during May.  If that helps.

Thanks.

> On Thu, 2014-04-10 at 09:16 -0400, Dan Langille wrote:
>> On 2014-04-09 05:39 PM, Steve Quinn wrote:
>> > Hi folks
>> >
>> > I've managed to save a bunch of stuff from the garbage compactor at
>> > work.
>> >
>> > I have no need for these items myself.
>> >
>> > If you or someone in the Bacula or BSD community could use these for
>> > production or development I would love to give them a new life.
>> >
>> > This is what I have saved;
>> >
>> > 1 - Shurestore DAT40 Model C5687A
>> > 1 - Seagate STDL62401LW
>> > 9 - HP DDS4 40 GB Compressed
>> > 5 - Sony Cleaning Tapes DGD15CL
>> > 1 - Adaptec SCSI CARD 29160 SCSI 64-Bit Controller Card 1809606-04
>> > LVD/SE
>> > 1 - HP Shurestore Software Diagnostics Drivers/Docs CD and paper
>> > manuals
>> >
>> > Here's an image URL http://goo.gl/POccv9
>> >
>> > The tape drives are used but work great.  The tapes are used but
>> > cleaned.  The cleaning tapes are all brand new.
>> >
>> > I expect no payment or favours, I just want to get these items into
>> > the hands of an appreciative audience.
>> >
>> > Delivery could be free as well as I live in Toronto and am driving to
>> > BSDCan 2014.
>>
>> Thank you Steve.  These kinds of donations are very helpful.
>>
>> Myself, I am hoping to get hold of an LTO-3 autochanger.

--
Dan Langille - http://langille.org/

Re: Tape Backup Devices/Items for Free

Jason A. Kates

I would have to ship it to the US when I get access to it.
                                -Jason