Unable to take backup of newly added client

Unable to take backup of newly added client

Swapnil Bhaigude

Hi Team,

I am unable to take backup of newly added client in Bacula, I am getting below error :-

Fatal error: Unable to authenticate with File daemon

Can anyone help me on this.

Client Side Password configuration :-

#

# List Directors who are permitted to contact this File daemon

#

Director {

  Name = xxxxxx

  Password = "rKkR0VujAKBkvWNKsyzl7m7Ga26LypkHo1srFMYa9t+A"

}

#

# "Global" File daemon configuration specifications

#

FileDaemon {                          # this is me

  Name = xxxxx

  FDport = 9102                  # where we listen for the director

  WorkingDirectory = /opt/bacula/working

  Pid Directory = /opt/bacula/working

  Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 20

  Plugin Directory = /opt/bacula/plugins

}

# Send all messages except skipped files back to Director

Messages {

  Name = Standard

  director = xxxxx = all, !skipped, !restored

}

Server side Password Configuration :-

Client {

  Name = "xxxx"

  Address = "xxxxx"

  FDPort = "9102"

  Catalog = "MyCatalog"

  Password = "rKkR0VujAKBkvWNKsyzl7m7Ga26LypkHo1srFMYa9t+A"

  FileRetention = 30 days

  JobRetention = 9 months

  AutoPrune = "yes"

}

Regards,

Swapnil Bhaigude.

This email communication (including any attachments) contains confidential information and is intended only for the named recipients. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this email communication (including any attachments) and hard copies immediately, Any unauthorized use or dissemination of this email communication (including any attachments) in any manner, is strictly prohibited. This email communication (including any attachments), may not be free of viruses, you should carry out your own virus checks before opening any attachment to this e-mail. The sender of this e-mail and the company shall not be liable for any damage that you may sustain as a result of viruses, incompleteness of this message, interception of this message, which may arise as a result of e-mail transmission.

Re: Unable to take backup of newly added client

Wanderlei Huttel
Hello Swapnil Bhaigude

There's no one firewall in the client side? If you have one is necessary to add a rule to allow connections in the port 9102.
Another thing the version of bacula-dir and bacula-fd are the same or client is in a lower version of bacula-dir?

You can try in the server side if the port 9102 is open using the command:
telnet machine_ip 9102

If is OK you will see something like thit:
Trying 192.168.1.10...
Connected to 192.168.1.10.
Escape character is '^]'.

Best regards

Wanderlei Hüttel

[...]

There is no firewall on client side I am successfully able to telnet on port 9102. Still I am getting the same error.

Version are same on both the ends.

Thanks & Regards,

Swapnil Bhaigude

Re: Unable to take backup of newly added client

Wanderlei Huttel
Hello Swapnil Bhaigude

Try to stop and start Bacula in both sides. Before start check if there's no one bacula ghost process
ps -aux | grep bacula

Best Regards

Wanderlei Hüttel

Hi Team,

There is no firewall on client side I am successfully able to telnet on port 9102. Still I am getting the same error.

Version are same on both the ends.

Thanks & Regards,

Swapnil Bhaigude

Re: Unable to take backup of newly added client

Swapnil Bhaigude

Done.

Still the same issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Swapnil Bhaigude

Re: Unable to take backup of newly added client

Heitor Faria

Still the same issue.

Hello, Swapnil: make sure the Director name in the bacula-fd.conf Director resource matches your real Director name (defined in bacula-dir.conf from your server).
The same thing for the password at the respective Client resource in bacula-dir.conf.

Thanks & Regards,

Heitor Medrado de Faria
+55 61 2021-8260
+55 61 8268-4220
Site: www.bacula.com.br
Facebook: heitor.faria
Gtalk: [hidden email]

Re: Unable to take backup of newly added client

Swapnil Bhaigude

Hi Heitor,

Client Side Configuration :-

#

[...]

Hello, Swapnil,
 Client Side Configuration :-

#

# List Directors who are permitted to contact this File daemon

#

Director {

  Name = xxxxxx

  Password = "rKkR0VujAKBkvWNKsyzl7m7Ga26LypkHo1srFMYa9t+A"

}

So? What's the name of your Director? Is it xxxxxx? Does it match the bacula-dir.conf?

Heitor Medrado de Faria  | Bacula do Brasil
• Não seja tarifado pelo tamanho dos seus backups, conheça o Bacula Enterprise: http://www.bacula.com.br/enterprise/
 Ministro treinamento e implementação in-company do Bacula Community: http://www.bacula.com.br/in-company/
(61) 98268-4220 | www.bacula.com.br
Indicamos também as capacitações complementares:
 Shell básico e Programação em Shell com Julio Neves.
 Zabbix com Adail Host.

Re: Unable to take backup of newly added client

Swapnil Bhaigude

Yes it matches bacula-dir.conf .

Thanks & Regards,

Swapnil Bhaigude

Phone +912266407676 Ext :- 7960 | Mobile +91 9702872170| Email :- [hidden email]

zycus