cannot connect to a client.

Thing
Hi,

I have set up a bacula server on Debian8.  Ive connected and backup a remote client fine but when I try to do a second I get a failure to connect (both Debian8).

How can I fault find on the connection as I can find no info to tell me why its failing?

Re: cannot connect to a client.

Mark Radabaugh

I'm a complete newbie at Bacula but I have had good luck using telnet to verify connectivity.

From the bacula server you should be able to:

ping both directions - client to server, server to client.

Try connecting to the TCP ports with telnet

telnet client.ip.name.or.address 9102

and you should connect.  Hit enter a couple of times and it will disconnect - that's normal.

Same from the client back toward the storage server on 9103

On either machine

netstat -a | grep bacula

should show you the open ports.

Mark