feature request

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

feature request

Ulrich Leodolter-2
Item 1: add the ability to configure the maximum number of copy
or migrate jobs.

Origin: Ulrich Leodolter - [hidden email]

Date:   23 Nov 2013

Status:

What: Bacula version 5.2.13 contains a hardcoded limit on the number
of jobs created by a copy job event though the SQL pooluncopiedjobs
returns a greater number of jobid's.

Why:  We reached this limit and have more than 100 daily jobs. Running
a copy job more once will copy all jobs,  but it makes the configuration
unnecessary complex.

Notes: A new configuration variable (e.g. Maximum Copy Jobs) would be
great. We have compiled bacula from source and set limit = 999;
Bacula had no problems to copy more than 600 jobs at once.



Best regards
Ulrich


--
Ulrich Leodolter <[hidden email]>
Oesterreichische Bibliothekenverbund und Service GmbH
Raimundgasse 1/3, A-1020 Wien
Fax +43 1 4035158-30
Tel +43 1 4035158-21
Web http://www.obvsg.at

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shape the Mobile Experience: Free Subscription
Software experts and developers: Be at the forefront of tech innovation.
Intel(R) Software Adrenaline delivers strategic insight and game-changing
conversations that shape the rapidly evolving mobile landscape. Sign up now.
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=63431311&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk
_______________________________________________
Bacula-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/bacula-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: feature request

Kern Sibbald
Ulrich,

Would you mind submitting this request to the bugs
database under Feature Requests?

Thanks,
Kern

On 11/23/2013 03:36 PM, Leodolter, Ulrich wrote:

> Item 1: add the ability to configure the maximum number of copy
> or migrate jobs.
>
> Origin: Ulrich Leodolter - [hidden email]
>
> Date:   23 Nov 2013
>
> Status:
>
> What: Bacula version 5.2.13 contains a hardcoded limit on the number
> of jobs created by a copy job event though the SQL pooluncopiedjobs
> returns a greater number of jobid's.
>
> Why:  We reached this limit and have more than 100 daily jobs. Running
> a copy job more once will copy all jobs,  but it makes the configuration
> unnecessary complex.
>
> Notes: A new configuration variable (e.g. Maximum Copy Jobs) would be
> great. We have compiled bacula from source and set limit = 999;
> Bacula had no problems to copy more than 600 jobs at once.
>
>
>
> Best regards
> Ulrich
>
>
> --
> Ulrich Leodolter <[hidden email]>
> Oesterreichische Bibliothekenverbund und Service GmbH
> Raimundgasse 1/3, A-1020 Wien
> Fax +43 1 4035158-30
> Tel +43 1 4035158-21
> Web http://www.obvsg.at
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Shape the Mobile Experience: Free Subscription
> Software experts and developers: Be at the forefront of tech innovation.
> Intel(R) Software Adrenaline delivers strategic insight and game-changing
> conversations that shape the rapidly evolving mobile landscape. Sign up now.
> http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=63431311&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk
> _______________________________________________
> Bacula-devel mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/bacula-devel


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rapidly troubleshoot problems before they affect your business. Most IT
organizations don't have a clear picture of how application performance
affects their revenue. With AppDynamics, you get 100% visibility into your
Java,.NET, & PHP application. Start your 15-day FREE TRIAL of AppDynamics Pro!
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=84349831&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk
_______________________________________________
Bacula-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/bacula-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: feature request

Ulrich Leodolter-2
Hello Kern,

On Sun, 2013-12-22 at 19:44 +0100, Kern Sibbald wrote:
> Ulrich,
>
> Would you mind submitting this request to the bugs
> database under Feature Requests?
>

Thanks for the reminder, yes i will.

Regards
Ulrich

> Thanks,
> Kern
>
> On 11/23/2013 03:36 PM, Leodolter, Ulrich wrote:
> > Item 1: add the ability to configure the maximum number of copy
> > or migrate jobs.
> >
> > Origin: Ulrich Leodolter - [hidden email]
> >
> > Date:   23 Nov 2013
> >
> > Status:
> >
> > What: Bacula version 5.2.13 contains a hardcoded limit on the number
> > of jobs created by a copy job event though the SQL pooluncopiedjobs
> > returns a greater number of jobid's.
> >
> > Why:  We reached this limit and have more than 100 daily jobs. Running
> > a copy job more once will copy all jobs,  but it makes the configuration
> > unnecessary complex.
> >
> > Notes: A new configuration variable (e.g. Maximum Copy Jobs) would be
> > great. We have compiled bacula from source and set limit = 999;
> > Bacula had no problems to copy more than 600 jobs at once.
> >
> >
> >
> > Best regards
> > Ulrich
> >
> >
> > --
> > Ulrich Leodolter <[hidden email]>
> > Oesterreichische Bibliothekenverbund und Service GmbH
> > Raimundgasse 1/3, A-1020 Wien
> > Fax +43 1 4035158-30
> > Tel +43 1 4035158-21
> > Web http://www.obvsg.at
> >
> > ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > Shape the Mobile Experience: Free Subscription
> > Software experts and developers: Be at the forefront of tech innovation.
> > Intel(R) Software Adrenaline delivers strategic insight and game-changing
> > conversations that shape the rapidly evolving mobile landscape. Sign up now.
> > http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=63431311&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk
> > _______________________________________________
> > Bacula-devel mailing list
> > [hidden email]
> > https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/bacula-devel
>
>



------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rapidly troubleshoot problems before they affect your business. Most IT
organizations don't have a clear picture of how application performance
affects their revenue. With AppDynamics, you get 100% visibility into your
Java,.NET, & PHP application. Start your 15-day FREE TRIAL of AppDynamics Pro!
http://pubads.g.doubleclick.net/gampad/clk?id=84349831&iu=/4140/ostg.clktrk
_______________________________________________
Bacula-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/bacula-devel