two SD on a server

Thomas Franz
Hello,

in our opinion it is the best way to have one storage daemon for each
storage device (more stable if one device ist lost etc.)
Our configuration ( see below) works, but I have a problem with bconsole.
In this configuration the status command of bconsole only shows the
first storage !!!
The second storage ist only shown if I change the "Address" , for
example with the domain of a second network device ( Address =
backup.seconddomain ).
I don't understand this behavior and I don't like my hack .

director.conf:

Storage {
   Name = LTO-3-Changer
   Address = backup.domain
   SDPort = 9103
   Password = "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"
   Device = LTO-3
   Media Type = LTO-3
}

Storage {
   Name = LTO-7-Changer
   Address = backup.domain
   SDPort = 9104
   Password = "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"
   Device = LTO-7
   Media Type = LTO-7
}

Any idea ?

Best regards

Thomas

--
Thomas Franz

Data-Service GmbH
Beethovenstr. 2A
23617 Stockelsdorf
Amtsgericht Lübeck, HRB 318 BS
Geschäftsführer: Wilfried Paepcke, Dr. Andreas Longwitz, Josef Flatau

Re: two SD on a server

Bill Arlofski-4
On 05/15/2017 08:35 AM, Thomas Franz wrote:

> Hello,
>
> in our opinion it is the best way to have one storage daemon for each
> storage device (more stable if one device ist lost etc.)
> Our configuration ( see below) works, but I have a problem with bconsole.
> In this configuration the status command of bconsole only shows the
> first storage !!!
> The second storage ist only shown if I change the "Address" , for
> example with the domain of a second network device ( Address =
> backup.seconddomain ).
> I don't understand this behavior and I don't like my hack .

Hi Thomas,

This is by design. If more than one Storage resource has the same "Address ="
defined (ie: multiple storage resources on on SD), Bacula "rolls them up" and
only shows the first one in selection lists.  Your "hack" is a valid way to
have Bacula show them all.

In cases where I really want to see all of them (for testing, demonstrating,
troubleshooting, etc), what I usually do is set up a different DNS A record
for each Storage resource and just point them all to the same IP on the SD
server.

Best regards,

Bill

--